Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

TD-50KV "Moon Walk" kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-50KV "Moon Walk" kit.

Greetings to Everyone,
    This is my first post to this forum and it's regarding the Moon Walk drum kit that comes in the module. First, to let everyone know, I purchased my set back in July of 2018 and have
    customized it adding 2 10" pads, a 14" cymbal pad and an MT foot trigger pedal.

So, I pretty much have the workings and settings of the module figured out and have been able to make some custom kits. I'm good with the trigger settings and setting the individual
    instruments and pads i.e. (assigning sounds and instruments to rim triggers and such), so I've been able to grasp what this module is capable of. Now, I've hit a snag and perhaps
    someone can help!

Through trial and error, I've gone into kits and played with the H & R. I've used the Sub instrument settings and made some nice combinations. So with that being said, I am able to
    look at default kits with instruments that I like and replicate them to create a custom "Hybrid" Kit. All except for one... The Moon Walk kit, which is default #26.

It has an Echo effect which is present on the toms and snare. I tried to add this effect to the bass drum and have been unable to determine how this is being done. When going into
    the instrument menu and cycling thru the menus onto the advanced menu, then cycling down thru those menus, I am comparing the snare with the bass drum and it is not clear how
    they are producing the echo.

There is one thing that I notice on the snare that is not on the bass drum. In the instrument menu and advanced menu, then going to sub instrument menu-
    042 Jarrah ply s Main [D]
    Sub inst
    Percussion
    262 Timbale Hi open

Underneath Main [D] ,there is a triangle that is maxed out all the way! Is this the way they are getting the echo? I contacted Roland in an email 2 months ago with no response. I
    sent another email this morning. I would've hoped after spending $15,000 on my setup, that they would be more responsive with their customers!

So, if anyone happens to know how this effect is being produced and can shed some knowledge, I would be extremely thankful!

The mfx section is in the mixer window. You should have 3 different effects at disposal (also controlable by a footswitch or aux pads) and each can get actuated by selecting the levels in the 'send' tab of the mfx. Pad eq, pad compressor and mfx are all under the main mixer.
    •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
    •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
    •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Kudos MilosDrummer! I found that section of the module and will now start experimenting with it over the 4th of July. Let's see what else this baby is capable of!
      Thanks again Brother.

Comment

Glad I could help! There's a lot of tools to shape the sound in the td50, just note that they interact with eachother. Between instrument modeling, pad controls and master effects, there are many ways to do one thing. And then there's the great ambience/overhead/kit resonance to glue it all together and give it life. As I mentioned in some threads, it makes you learn the studio approach to mixing drums
        •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
        •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
        •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Working...
        X