Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland Td-20 Fading LCD Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Td-20 Fading LCD Screen

Hi there, I realised there are many that encountered this problem with a few possible solutions, would anybody point me in the right direction to what could be the issue with this one, i dont want to send it off ideally and hopefully fix it myself.

The problem: Screen is slightly faded, I can see almost everything looking from underneath but when changing the viewing angle for example from above 80% of the screen fades out. It is mostly visible when looking straight at it but would like to get it sorted if it is an easy fix. I'm guessing it's not the wiring but the lcd itself? Could it be simply the battery?

Thanks Dan

Looks like the connector needs cleaning and reseating. Take a look on her as there is a guide how to do this and pictures. In fact it is quite a recent post so should be easy to find. Loads of us have done this and the screen looks like new. Only skill you need is the ability to use a screwdriver and to be careful
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...display-repair
      TD-9 V2 (VEX'd), Roto-toms (8,10,12,14) on a collar-lock rack with internal DIY triggers, and Drum-tec real feel pro heads
      Triggered Sabian Quite tone cymbals

Comment

have you tried adjusting the screen with the control in the module software?

Comment

Originally posted by vmastro View Post
          have you tried adjusting the screen with the control in the module software?
          I donít think that would work. The screen is not evenly faded which does suggest connectors.
          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
            I donít think that would work. The screen is not evenly faded which does suggest connectors.

TD 20 LCD fix
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWRVaHOrjAc
            Last edited by Chris K; 02-17-20, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X