Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Mimic Pro Instrument Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mimic Pro Instrument Library

Hello all,

Anyone here familiar with the Pearl Mimic Pro? I recently purchased one and I'm a little disappointed with the instrument library. Plenty of kicks and snares but standard 4 tom kits are all they have. For the money I was expecting an entire run of toms from 6'' to 20" , some rotos, Timbales, bongos, everything I need to make up anything I want. Ive looked at some single hit wav files to download and import but most are unorganized and difficult to sift through. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Have you added the Reference tom update? They’re considered among the best samples for toms. It is known/expected Pearl will release more sound updates in the future.

Take a look at our site and YT channel. Maybe we can help?
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thank you Alan,

Support from Pearl is almost non existent so I really appreciate the feedback. The first place I went to was Pearl and they just have the latest software update and the factory library which already looks loaded. I'm not familiar with the Reference Tom update, can you direct me to a link so I can look into it? Since I posted originally I have looked through this site and noticed the same frustration with many users but not much for solutions, pretty much Pearl is out until further notice. Whats the work around? Does Roland or another competitor have an add-on thats compatible? Is there a well organized site for sample downloads free or otherwise? Do any of the members offer any samples they have compiled?

Comment

Originally posted by Natural_5B View Post
        Thank you Alan,

Support from Pearl is almost non existent so I really appreciate the feedback. The first place I went to was Pearl and they just have the latest software update and the factory library which already looks loaded. I'm not familiar with the Reference Tom update, can you direct me to a link so I can look into it? Since I posted originally I have looked through this site and noticed the same frustration with many users but not much for solutions, pretty much Pearl is out until further notice. Whats the work around? Does Roland or another competitor have an add-on thats compatible? Is there a well organized site for sample downloads free or otherwise? Do any of the members offer any samples they have compiled?
        If you click the update link, and then "Mimic Pro Library" on the resulting page, you'll see a link for the toms on the very top row. Before doing so, just look in your instruments to see if you have them first. Look for "Reference" near the end of the tom list.

I wouldn't worry about sounds at the moment. Trust me, you haven't scratched the surface of what you have. There are no official ETAs from Pearl/Slate on releases, but they do have libraries coming. You can add samples yourself, but they won't work as well as the multi-velocity you'll get from the forthcoming expansions.

http://pearl-electronics-support.com...les/mimic-pro/
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Natural 5B, I have Mimic too and I totally agree with Alan, You haven’t scratched the surface yet. Alan knows what he is talking, knows Mimic very well and you can trust him!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

Take a look at our site and YT channel. Maybe we can help?
            http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/

https://www.youtube.com/c/VExpressionsLtd/

TD-9 V2 (VEX'd), Roto-toms (8,10,12,14) on a collar-lock rack with internal DIY triggers, and Drum-tec real feel pro heads
            Triggered Sabian Quite tone cymbals

Comment

While I am sure there are libraries coming and they will be awesome like the original library, I think it is unrealistic to expect, for example 6-20 inch time, rotos, timbales, bongos, and everything else. As cool as it would be to have a really gigantic library, I have to say my vote would be to not use a ton of the space on far less used options and concentrate on really good sounding stuff with variety.

Multiple packs would be awesome, and a frequently populated store where you could increase your own library with individual kit parts rather than a whole drop in library.

I still have to say, after two years, I still find a TON of quality and usefulness in what was delivered with the original module.

I will still be near the front of the line when new stuff is released.
              My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Thank you everyone for your input, Ill have to get more into this info over the weekend. I pretty much see where I stand with the MP now though as far as the library is concerned but your enthusiasm for the MP has me less worried about the purchase. Hopefully the more I play with it the more I'll be able to dial in some creative sound and I'm sure I'll have more questions for you more experienced users.

Comment

I strongly recommend the Vex packs for showing you some of what the module can do. I now go back and forth between customized kits that I have created with my favorite instruments and my favs from the Vex Professional kits. And listen with good earphones or speakers to hear the subtleties. I agree with the need for some well sampled percussion additions and look forward (patiently) to the update.
                  ATV aDrums Artist expanded kit, Mimic Pro. Ludwig 1967 black oyster pearl five piece, Zildjian A custom crashes, A. Zildjian ride and hats.

Comment

Working...
                  X