Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Snare soft/hard hit. TD 11 KV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snare soft/hard hit. TD 11 KV

I bought a 2 year old TD11KV. Iíve been through the manual but itís not helping with this. If I hit my snare soft, it sounds louder than if I hit it hard. How do I get the volume to be louder the harder I hit? Iíve been through every setting in the controller and messing with it for 2 weeks with no luck. Anyone? Thanks.

you should start by resetting the module if you havn't already.

then after you select the appropriate padtype for snare, you want to set your sensitivity to the lowest value. Start at 1. and while very lightly tapping the snare turn it up until your lightest hit is audible. When I played a td15 I think the default value for my pd125 was like 7. If I remember correct I tuned it down to like 4. I had a very dynamic range from Ghost notes to rimshots.

this could also be a hotspot issue, but turing the sensivity way down will help.
    Last edited by Roving Drummer; 06-09-19, 09:53 PM.
    Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
    Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

Thanks roving drummer. Iíll try it.

Comment

BTW, I did a factory reset when I bought it. Thanks again.

Comment

Well, it did help, but it just doesnít even come close to the Alesis Nitro that I play at my friends house. The HH sensitivity on it is fabulous. And the snare is great. I bought this Roland thinking ď itís a Roland, itís way above that Alesis.Ē But so far, Iím disappointed. Iím hoping itís operator error and I can figure out how to adjust this kit. I just canít seem to get the sensitivity correct. Iíve tried a lot of things. And another thing I canít get is a coconut sound. We play Horse With No Name and the Alesis has perfect settings for 2 toms for that. I havenít found it on this TD11KV yet.

Comment

maybe defective. Do you know how the previous owner played. But Roland pads can really take a beating. Maybe take some video with your phone show what is what is happening. I've never played the Alesis but I'd take a TD11kv over it all day.
            Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
            Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

Does head tension affect sensitivity?

Comment

Yes it does. If too loose it can destroy the cones. This maybe what has happened already. The head should be fairly tight. Mine are craned well up. I havenít seen a duff cone but others on here have and swapped them out. The cone should always be in contact with the head
                Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Ok. Iím close now. Sounding much better. I swapped the floor Tom PDX8 with the snare PDX8, no help. Then I saved the 3 kits I created to a USB. Then did a factory reset. Then reloaded the 3 kits. No help. So I just kept tweaking and Itís much better. I think the big player was the LOUD2 setting I chose on the snare and HH vs LINEAR. Iíd still like to find some coconut settings. Are there sounds I can download from the internet somewhere?
                  Last edited by Banjo bud; 06-11-19, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I didn't think you could load samples in the td11. Yeah use standard and not loud curve to start with. This will be more realistic. Then tweak the trigger sensitivity. Aim for it to peak on a hardest hit.
                    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

The LOUD2 is what works better for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X