TD-30 song selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-30 song selection

I've seen many people comment about the poor selection of songs in the TD-30 module. I got really used to playing along with the songs built into my TD-15 module, they were really good. One song that I used to jam with in particular was called big city fusion. Has anyone figured out how to get the songs that are built into the TD-15? I found a bunch of songs on the TD-15 CD-ROM but those songs are different than the ones built into the TD-15 module. I found a few links on this forum to Roland webpages that are no longer in service which contained song downloads. I'd sure like to get big city fusion back

Maybe some kind td15 owner could export that song or more and share the MIDI files here?
    °•A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•°
    °•Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•°
    °•Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•°

Comment

Interesting, I still have my TD-15 module, is it actually possible to export all of the built-in songs out of this module?

Comment

I'm not sure how it works with the td15, usually the backing patterns and songs use ch11 so you could try recording MIDI on that channel. You just connect MIDI out of the td15 to MIDI in on td30 and try switching different channels for the perc set on the td30. Alternatively, you could record the song as audio into a computer and load it via USB.
        °•A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•°

Comment

fwiw .. that song doesn't sound like midi to me?.. but like said .. i'd just download audacity for pc.. and record audio (stereo out) of fav td-15 songs ..
          and save them as mp3's .. https://www.audacityteam.org/download/ ..good you still have the module..
          | Diy Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Audacity sounds like an excellent idea, never thought of that

Comment

I don't have the original CD that comes with the TD-30 module. Does anyone know if there are any decent songs on the TD-30 CD? Or is the song selection the same as the songs included on the CD that comes with the TD-15 module?

Comment

I never use the songs on my td30 but surely there are a multitude of songs out there you can use? It tends to be the lower models that have a lot of songs. The higher models are the pro ones which I guess assumes the user has there own material.
                Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Oh definitely, there are a lot of other loops and MP3 files out there you can download. But after a few years of playing along with the built-in songs in my TD-15, I got used to playing along with the same ones, it's almost like playing with the same bunch of musicians playing your favourite songs all the time. That's what I'm trying to do here, get that same bunch of songs and same bunch of musicians back so I can jam along with them again because I'm so familiar with them plus I thought the TD-15 built in files were great whereas the TD-30 ones are very questionable (for a high-end module you should get way more than this).

Comment

Originally posted by garyZZ View Post
                    Oh definitely, there are a lot of other loops and MP3 files out there you can download. But after a few years of playing along with the built-in songs in my TD-15, I got used to playing along with the same ones, it's almost like playing with the same bunch of musicians playing your favourite songs all the time. That's what I'm trying to do here, get that same bunch of songs and same bunch of musicians back so I can jam along with them again because I'm so familiar with them plus I thought the TD-15 built in files were great whereas the TD-30 ones are very questionable (for a high-end module you should get way more than this).
                    What mkok was saying was that higher-end edrums put more into being gig-worthy, whereas lower-mid-end target practicing purposes, hense the disparity in the backing song selection. Still, it would be great if there was a library of proprietary audio and MIDI backing tracks for download (hopefully, those don't infringe any copyrights?) from edrum modules.

Comment

Originally posted by MilosDrummer View Post

What mkok was saying was that higher-end edrums put more into being gig-worthy, whereas lower-mid-end target practicing purposes, hense the disparity in the backing song selection. Still, it would be great if there was a library of proprietary audio and MIDI backing tracks for download (hopefully, those don't infringe any copyrights?) from edrum modules.
                      I know what you mean. Vic Firth site has some great downloads.

Would someone out there be kind enough to look at the additional songs on their TD-30 CD-ROM and tell me a couple of the titles? I'm trying to find out if any of the TD-30 additional songs might be some of the ones built into the TD-15 module. Big City Fusion and Mental Metal are 2 out of 23 built into the TD-15 module.

Comment

So I found the CD-ROM which was still unopened which considering I got the kit 2nd hand is not bad. There are e8 songs on it but none with those names. There are some similar like “Big city funk” and “suburban metal”
                        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
                          So I found the CD-ROM which was still unopened which considering I got the kit 2nd hand is not bad. There are e8 songs on it but none with those names. There are some similar like “Big city funk” and “suburban metal”
                          Thank you so much for checking. Those songs will no doubt, be the exact same songs that are on the TD-15 CD-ROM that I have so there's not much sense for me to try and locate a TD-30 CD-ROM. Thanks again

Comment

Don’t know how I put e8. Should be 38

Comment

Working...
                            X