Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

TD-20x Setting Panning for ENTIRE set of my drum kits.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-20x Setting Panning for ENTIRE set of my drum kits.

So I come from a TD10, where I am pretty sure that the MIXER was applied globally to all kits (Am I wrong?). For PANNING specifically, this makes all the sense in the world. The position of my pads does not change ever, certainly not from one kit to another.

Now I am using a borrowed TD20x (deciding whether I should buy) and to my dismay the Mizer is applied to each Kit. This is a nightmare to set up the panning for each kit the way I have them on my setup. Even with the Pan Copy option, one at a time... no thanks.

Am I missing something?

Panning has always been per kit. The [flagship] modules have instrument and global EQ/Comp. Mixer is mixer. (consider it your general console, and kits as separate mixed kits... thus, panning is per kit, as is instrument EQ/Comp, etc.) Newer flagships allow copying of panning to other kits. (50 does for sure)
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks, you are correct. I just tested the TD10 and indeed the panning etc. is per kit. I still think that is a useless way to go on about panning !

Comment

Originally posted by gnolivos View Post
        Thanks, you are correct. I just tested the TD10 and indeed the panning etc. is per kit. I still think that is a useless way to go on about panning !
        Since each kit can contain different sounds, some even non-drum sounds, it is not logical to lock the levels or pans to one setting to rule them all. Plus, you may want to have a wider sound on some kits and more mono on others, maybe a second kick on the hh but still in the center...
        •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
        •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
        •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Working...
        X