Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Can you use velocity to change sound???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use velocity to change sound???

I知 trying to get two sounds out of one or two triggers. Here痴 the control I知 looking for: I want to be able to tap my cymbal for a ride sound and when I hit it hard I want it to make a crash sound. I知 a stand up drummer and minimal is the key for me. If this is possible then I also want another cymbal that I can tap to make a closed hi hat sound and when I bash it I want an open hi hat sound. I have a dual zone Roland cymbal and and I haven稚 dug in too far with it yet. I don稚 need to choke it. An extra bell sound would be sweet, but I think I知 already asking a lot from one cymbal so far. Any advice on how to make this happen? Oh and I知 using a TDV6 Roland module with Superior Drummer.
    Last edited by swingrays; 05-29-19, 10:15 AM.

Sd2 and sd3 have velocity switching. In sd3 you set up a stack which uses the same note number and then set the velocity for the different sounds
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Sweet, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X