Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Audio output help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio output help.

Hi, first time poster, long time reader. I play a TD30KV at my church. I used the sticky about proper setup and trigger settings. In doing so I followed the instructions and “panned” the kit so the sounds would be directed to the side of the kit where they reside. However, my church only has one channel for the drums. They use the mono output to a single direct box that goes to the foh. My question is, will using the mono output require me to pan all the triggers to the left? And is there a y cable that would let me use the L&R for stereo output and would that be a noticeable improvement? I’m not really knowledgeable when it comes to sound engineering. Please help, I’ll provide any and all technical info I can. Just let me know what you need to know.

See Page 24 of the Owner's Manual

When you only use the Left/Mono Output all sounds are sent over the single output, so there is no panning. This is switched automatically depending on whether you have a cable plugged in the Right Output or not.
    Last edited by tkydon; 05-18-19, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Thank you! Do you think it would be beneficial to try and use both L & R or will I not get any noticeable improvement in sound quality?

Comment

You would get some benefit if you'd run LR into two channels on the mixer... Mainly width and separation of the elements. Running LR to a mono channel just boosts the input level. That could lead to less headroom depending on the mixer preamp or just a louder signal... Not worth it, if you ask me.
        °•A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•°
        °•Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•°
        °•Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•°

Comment

If the PA system is not run in stereo then there is no point. Many aren’t in church as you need to hear everything whichever side your at.
          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

That makes sense, I’ll have to see what our sound guy says. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Just run in mono.
              *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
              Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Working...
              X