Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

VH-12 Hit-Hit Closed (Not Really!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH-12 Hit-Hit Closed (Not Really!)

Hey All,

VH-12 Hi-Hat is closed but it's not really closing until I hammer down on the foot pedal. Followed instructions to reset closed hats position in manual, but nuffin.

Here's a quick video where I show the issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UBBdoZmQYXgiVN7a6

Hope you can help.

Cheers!

Mike

Hi,
    Try to get the clutch looser a bit the rotating ring on top. I would inspect VH12 hihat controller, this model can get bad with time, until controller repair, It's not acting like VH13\ Vh11.
    Last edited by Chris K; 05-17-19, 11:13 PM.

Comment

OK, So TD-20 (from the video)

The Hi-Hat pedal position is controlled by a variable resistance, and the Hi-Hat Offset Adjustment automatically detects the value of the resistance at the switch-over point where the module should switch between detecting the Hi-Hat as slightly Open and Closed.

In your case, you would like that switch-over point to be when the Hi-Hat is slightly more open, so you don't have to press down so hard on the pedal to get to that point.

I think the easiest way to achieve this would be to put some spacer between the top and bottom pads of the Hi-Hat to keep them slightly further apart and then loosen the clutch, and execute the Offset Adjustment. You can experiment with the thickness of the spacer until you find the gap that best suits you.

This would then be registered as the switch-over point, and you should not need to press down so hard to get there.

Maybe a couple of sheets of paper (0.2mm) or a piece of cardboard from a cereal packet or cardboard box, or some thin plastic sheet may be enough. You can experiment with amount of adjustment you want and then make a spacer that you can then use every time you execute the Offset Adjustment for consistent calibration.

Comment

Just change the offset in the hi hat set up page until you get tightly closed where you want it. I have mine set higher than what the calibration sets it at.
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
          Just change the offset in the hi hat set up page until you get tightly closed where you want it. I have mine set higher than what the calibration sets it at.
          did you ever used the rotating ring clutch to get the finest tuning? the offset do change from the physical rotating ring clutch, I find this is the most precise way to get the hihat, many ignored this and create problem on hihat extra tight to open.
          Last edited by Chris K; 05-18-19, 02:53 AM.

Comment

There isnít a rotating ring on the vh12
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
            X