Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

TD-6V midi out problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-6V midi out problems

hi, after years of playing my V-Drums on their own, i've just tried to set them up to record into my main set up.
    Only problem is, there's no MIDI coming out of the set. Just had rake around and it seems to be a common problem; i've tried the midi 'loop' but that hasn't worked.
    Really appreciate any other ideas. I don't think the main set up is affecting anything as have tried connecting MIDI directly into different synths/modules and not a bleep.
    thanks, Keith

what type of midi cable are you using? i bought a cheapo midi to USB cable and had the same issue, replaced with roland UM-ONE, installed drivers, issue solved.

also have TD-6v, relatively new to using it for MIDI so not super knowledgeable but will answer what i can.
    Roland TD-6v all mesh, kick swapped for KD-85 mesh with iron cobra 900 double pedal, added pintech and yamaha cymbals with drum splitters, and swapped CY-5 hi-hat (now using as cymbal) for an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. using free trial versions of GGD, BFD3, SSD5 VST and MTpowerdrumkit.

Comment

Working...
    X