Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland SPD-SX sampling issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland SPD-SX sampling issue

Hi all,

Iím trying to replicate a looped sample for my band but whenever I go to to record it (in time) then set it on the pad and loop it, it seems to fall out of time with the song.. Iím thinking itís because when I hit standby then play the loop and hit end it takes a second for me to press the button.. it must drag a bit when I loop the track. Is there anyway to solve this issue?

Thanks.

you need to trim it, look at this thread https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...ips-and-tricks

Comment

STEP 1.
      Calculate the loop length you need in seconds:
      1 beat (in seconds) = 60 divided by your BPM (so this example is 60/100 = .6 seconds per beat )
      1 bar = 4 beats. So you multiply .6 * 4 beats. Your loop is going to be 2.4 seconds long.
      Now multiply you're seconds( 2.4 * 44,100) this is the sample rate on the SX. You're going to end up with 105,840. This is where you cut your sample on the SX.

STEP 2.
      Set the TEMPO of the KIT on the SX to 100 bpm's.

STEP 3.
      Go to BASIC SAMPLING on the SX.
      Get your levels.
      Set Auto Start to 1
      Fire off the SPD 30 and let it play thru for the 4 beats and let it go over a very little(you'll get better with practice).
      Stop Sampling.

STEP4.
      The start of the sample is 0000000000.
      Go to the End of the Sample.
      Using the arrow buttons move back to positon 105840(exactly) and set this as the END (you can use Shift + the ARROW buttons to zoom in as well. you'll need to do this to get it exact and it's WAY faster)

That's it. your loop will be at the exact length you need. I can get this done in a minute or 2 now.

Comment

Is there any way to adjust amplitude of the WAV? I have a lot of WAV files and they are all various volumes. I tired Normalize WAV but it doesn't bring it up to same level as others. Would be nice to have an editor where you can ensure all WAV files imported are all at the same level. Thoughts?

Comment

try audacity [freeware.] pick one that fit your liking and normalize others to be the same as that one.

Comment

Thanks tivi...seems easy enough.

Comment

Working...
            X