Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

FD 8 Actuator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD 8 Actuator

Okay, this is my first post here. I picked up some TD 9 drums recently and I really love them BUT the hihat went, always open. Went online and saw a few videos on how to fix and replace.
    So, in Hong Kong I order an actuator. No problem but then I watch the video again and I need grease? It didn't come with grease or instructions. Nobody at Roland will reply to any emails, neither will Tom Lee in Hong Kong (The Roland Distributor)

So, anyone who has fixed an actuator-can you tell me what type of grease I need? Is it silicone grease? There are a tonne of different grease types.

Cheers!

I used vasoline petroleum jelly. The third sticky from the top of the Technical forum has a lot of information on all of the FD8 fixes. Good luck!
    Last edited by jimorlando; 04-25-19, 03:01 PM.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

There are a few ways to get flexibility back. I covered mine in vacoline and put it in a warm place to absorb it. I kept rubbing it in for a couple of days and bent the rubber until flexible again. No need to be trying to contact Roland as all quite simple. The pedal is really easy to take apart as well.
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Thanks, I used vaseline in the end on a new actuator. Nobody in HK representing Roland was any help at all. Cheers, this is a great forum.

Comment

Working...
        X