Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Drilling holes in MDS50K rack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the bigger problem will be trying to pull cable through a conduit that is pretty full.

Comment

Originally posted by vmastro View Post
      I think the bigger problem will be trying to pull cable through a conduit that is pretty full.
      Actually that was the easy part. The hard part was getting the grommet on.

Comment

Originally posted by Howstamychi View Post
        Good luck if you do it would be cool to see a pic.
        Turned out pretty good. I’m still waiting on the shorter cables for my AUX outputs but the hi hat went smooth. Just need to keep working the grommet til it seats completely.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Looks nice... I really like the way it tidy's up your rack.
            Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
            Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

I drilled 5/8” holes and used 1/2” grommets for the regular cables. 1” hole and 3/4” grommet for digital ride usb cable. I think it turned out pretty clean. The tape to the left of the hihat is where an iPad clamps to the rack and I don’t want it chipping away the paint or powder coating.
              Last edited by Bhutch216; 04-19-19, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Howstamychi View Post

Not according to Roland Corporation U.S. Los Angeles, CA. I was told the warranty was void on the kit the second you took the wires out of the rack, I assume that includes drilling holes. I could have been told erroneously. I'd be very careful about statements inviting mods to the TD-50 and stating they're non obstructive to the warranty, rack included. What if they ask for return of the rack with the module or pads for testing purposes? They'd sooner replace the rack if it was malfunctioning than the module. Yes I would think they'd simply ask to ship the module and test it out with a rack of their own so I could be absolutely wrong here just being cautious and relaying what I was told. People can do whatever they like to their kits obviously. Too many lawyers in my family I guess. My final post on this thread.
                Roland isn't going to encourage or condone you making mods to the kit period. No company will encourage you to modify its products. That is just the stance they all take to protect themselves. But that doesn't mean they are going to interrogate you on every single thing you have done to it since you purchased it if you make a warranty claim. Like you aren't going to say, "my snare stopped triggering" and them say "well we will get it replaced under warranty but I need detailed pics of your rack to make sure you have not done any mods. It just doesn't work that way. Plus, they aren't going to want you to send your entire rack in with all the cables for testing. Its simply not practical to invest that much money in shipping when the only possible issue could be a bad cable in the rack. that would be like Toyota wanting you rip out and replace the frame of your car because someone put a door ding in it at the supermarket. . There is no magic in there that they need for testing. If a cable fries they send a new cable. Not a new rack and cables. And like I said, you may void the warranty on the rack bar or maybe even the rack itself but not the whole kit. I think taking it to those extremes is paranoia. And I cant think of a single incident that resulted in a warranty claim being denied due to an unrelated modification. Especially if that modification was independent of the warranty issue. Sure we can lean on what is theoretically possible. But only if we ignore everything that is actually plausible and probable.
                Last edited by purpledc; 04-28-19, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X