Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

TD-10 Can't get saved data on pc back to TD-10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 Can't get saved data on pc back to TD-10

I saved the data for kits and setting to pc using midi ox but cannot recover it. Can anybody help?

In which way you cannot recover it? Have you made sure that you made the backup properly in the first place? Backing up to a computer via midi sends no midi notes but sysex commands. If your daw had a filter on (by default it usually does), you may have backed up nothing.
    •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
    •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
    •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Thanks for the response. I backed up using Midi OX. I made several backups as I customized my TD-10, and they all seem to have data. When I go to send from OX, it appears to transfer, but there are no changes to the TD-10. Is this something that you need that memory card for? Should this backup, which I set as "ALL" have included my "Chains " I created? The manual does not speak to these topics.

Comment

There is a section in the manual reffering to saving data to external devices (in the manual they speak of external sequencer, but this applies to a computer also) on page 121. I'm not familiar with the midi ox, but same goes for that one presumably... If you've made the backup properly (with the 'ALL' option and sysex enabled), loading it back should be an easy process as the module automatically recognizes the midi dump data stream. Saving to a card is also an option, maybe even easier, but you need a specific Roland M-512E card for this.
        •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•

Comment

Thank you for the response. I read the manual but it didn't work.

Comment

Try going through the midi ox manual/help. There should be an option to recieve a sysex midi dump. You can also try using any kind of sequencer (any daw is a sequencer) and enable sysex to be recorded.

Edit: If you're only trying and failing to load a specific backup file, it's possible that it was not made properly, thus it's not usable.
            Last edited by MilosDrummer; 04-13-19, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to receive the bulk dump to Midi OX set to ALL, But when I send, nothing changes in the TD-10. I would think if it were receiving properly, the settings, kits and chains would reappear.

Comment

Have you tried sending midi notes via midi ox? Im just thinking if the td10 receives these then you know midi ox is working on send or not. Have you looked to see if midi ox is filtering out sysex?
                Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
                X