Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Yet Another VH-11 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another VH-11 Question

I've had my VH-11 hi-hat for over five years now and it has always given me troubles in one way or another. I sent it to Roland and it came back with a clean bill of health. I finally got around to setting it up with my TD-30 today and have it configured as per the manual(s) and as per every YouTube video I could possibly find. So, in other words I would say that it is set up properly. The problem I have, however, is that unless I play on the very top of the hi-hat with my stick, I get a slightly open hi-hat sound. All my life, I've played at about a 45 angle on the _side_ of the hi-hat which, on my VH-11, gives me that slightly open sound. It's not a wide open sound but just slightly open enough to _not_ produce that nice tight "tick" sound which to me, is annoying (I can hit my Paiste 2002 sound edge hi-hats as hard as can be at a 45 angle with my foot fully down on the pedal and I get a beautiful "tick" sound). Does anybody else experience this when they play the VH-11 at an angle or is it just me?
Working...
X