Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

How to Delete a Kit from the TD-50 module....not from SD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Delete a Kit from the TD-50 module....not from SD

I cannot find a way to do this. So the TD-50 is loaded with all of the default Kits. If I want to make a slimmed down version of that and make a backup, how do I do it?

There is like 55 pre-loaded which I have backed up. I want to delete all but about 15, how do I delete them from the module so I can create a new backup?

Just overwrite it with a User Kit.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Maybe I am missing something. Let me explain a little more in depth what I am trying to do.

So I have about 15 custom Kits. I want to have only those kits in a backup file. I can see how to load a kit..my backup, the Vex ones I bought, etc., but I can't figure out how to load/save just the 15 individual kits into one backup.

At first I was thinking that I would just load a backup and replace kits, which I can do for the 15 kits, but how do I get the other 40+ out before I backup again?
      Last edited by tmoca; 04-03-19, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tmoca View Post
        Maybe I am missing something. Let me explain a little more in depth what I am trying to do.

So I have about 15 custom Kits. I want to have only those kits in a backup file. I can see how to load a kit..my backup, the Vex ones I bought, etc., but I can't figure out how to load/save just the 15 individual kits into one backup.

At first I was thinking that I would just load a backup and replace kits, which I can do for the 15 kits, but how do I get the other 40+ out before I backup again?
        That's not how The TD-50 (or any Roland) works. It's all or nothing. You can save out individuals, but not a select number. The spaces must be filled up.

Save out the 15 as individual kits. (save a kit is a page down from saving a backup) Load the VEX pack. Choose your pad setup. Load in the individual kits. Done.
        Alan

Comment

Got it.

After messing with it for far too long last night, I came to the realization that what I was trying to do was not possible. I did stumble upon VdrumLib, though it's not yet compatible with the TD-50, do you know if what I am looking to do is possible with that when and if it's ever updated?

Alan...thanks again for your input and help with all my questions lately. Very much appreciated!

Side note: The 303 Protectant worked great! As a matter of fact, the cymbals appear to leave way less "stick smudges" with this on

Comment

Thatís part of the goal for VDL, but there is no ETA on the update.
            Alan

Comment

Working...
            X