Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Roland TD-50 PD-140DS - Disengage Snares While Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-50 PD-140DS - Disengage Snares While Playing

I come from an acoustic drumming background, but have recently switched to V Drums.

With an acoustic snare, I would often disengage the snares during various portions of a song, then reengage again.

Is this possible to do with the TD-50?

Unfortunately not. I will say the TD-50 digital snare sounds fantastic and much like a snare with the throw off set as a Tom. There are V Expression Tom sets I use from Infinity and Studio X that include what sounds like a snare with the throw disengaged and it is very tribal to play those kits. They sound fantastic. You could get a foot switch and go from one kit with snare to identical kit with the snare set as say a Bubinga tom 2 dialed in to sound like a snare with throw off and switch back and forth although you'd probably want to have a half note rest possibly quarter note at say 120 bpm to let the kit switch. TD-50 switches very fast from kit to kit as you've probably discovered. You could experiment. I'm thinking I might try it as I write this.

Comment

problem solved..
      Last edited by Ericdrumz; 03-27-19, 11:30 AM.
      "the obstacle is the way"

Comment

Originally posted by Howstamychi View Post
        There are V Expression Tom sets I use from Infinity and Studio X that include what sounds like a snare with the throw disengaged and it is very tribal to play those kits.You could get a foot switch and go from one kit with snare to identical kit with the snare set as say a Bubinga tom 2 dialed in to sound like a snare with throw off and switch back and forth..
        Thanks for the info, and I do plan on getting all 3 V Expressions expansions. I love your idea about the foot switch - are you aware of any that have multiple switches that you can activate with your foot? The only one's I ever see are like the standard single hi-hat pedal.

Actually, after doing a bit of additional research, I've found that this will do exactly what I want with the TD-50:
        https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000K69UM8..._9-4MCb1Q2DXJ9
        Last edited by brianspatrick; 03-27-19, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brianspatrick View Post
          Actually, after doing a bit of additional research, I've found that this will do exactly what I want with the TD-50:
          https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000K69UM8..._9-4MCb1Q2DXJ9
          ​​​​​​​This is great info, that's the switch to get. I believe I am down for one myself. I'm glad you found a solution

Comment

How do you use it? I have one for my guitar pedals. ..

Comment

Roland FS-5U non-locking single switch, or FS-6 dual switch in non-locking mode can also be used.
              See Page 31 of the TD-50 Datalist.

Comment

Working...
              X