Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Roland TD-50 PD-140DS - Disengage Snares While Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-50 PD-140DS - Disengage Snares While Playing

I come from an acoustic drumming background, but have recently switched to V Drums.

With an acoustic snare, I would often disengage the snares during various portions of a song, then reengage again.

Is this possible to do with the TD-50?

Unfortunately not. I will say the TD-50 digital snare sounds fantastic and much like a snare with the throw off set as a Tom. There are V Expression Tom sets I use from Infinity and Studio X that include what sounds like a snare with the throw disengaged and it is very tribal to play those kits. They sound fantastic. You could get a foot switch and go from one kit with snare to identical kit with the snare set as say a Bubinga tom 2 dialed in to sound like a snare with throw off and switch back and forth although you'd probably want to have a half note rest possibly quarter note at say 120 bpm to let the kit switch. TD-50 switches very fast from kit to kit as you've probably discovered. You could experiment. I'm thinking I might try it as I write this.

Comment

problem solved..
      Last edited by Ericdrumz; 03-27-19, 11:30 AM.
      | Diy Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by Howstamychi View Post
        There are V Expression Tom sets I use from Infinity and Studio X that include what sounds like a snare with the throw disengaged and it is very tribal to play those kits.You could get a foot switch and go from one kit with snare to identical kit with the snare set as say a Bubinga tom 2 dialed in to sound like a snare with throw off and switch back and forth..
        Thanks for the info, and I do plan on getting all 3 V Expressions expansions. I love your idea about the foot switch - are you aware of any that have multiple switches that you can activate with your foot? The only one's I ever see are like the standard single hi-hat pedal.

Actually, after doing a bit of additional research, I've found that this will do exactly what I want with the TD-50:
        https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000K69UM8..._9-4MCb1Q2DXJ9
        Last edited by brianspatrick; 03-27-19, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brianspatrick View Post
          Actually, after doing a bit of additional research, I've found that this will do exactly what I want with the TD-50:
          https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000K69UM8..._9-4MCb1Q2DXJ9
          ​​​​​​​This is great info, that's the switch to get. I believe I am down for one myself. I'm glad you found a solution

Comment

How do you use it? I have one for my guitar pedals. ..

Comment

Roland FS-5U non-locking single switch, or FS-6 dual switch in non-locking mode can also be used.
              See Page 31 of the TD-50 Datalist.

Comment

Working...
              X