Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

The Technical forum is for soft/hardware technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

VH-11 Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH-11 Question

Hey all,

I have a question regarding the VH-11 Hi-hat I am using with a TD-12 module.

The issue I seem to be having is that I adjust and calibrate the hi-hat to get it how I want it to sound, I have just enough distance between the hi-hat and the sensor to give a nice crisp sound and the closed sound works fine. But when I turn off the module and come back to play it again, the hi-hat sounds completely open, like I'm just hitting the top cymbal of a hi-hat without it at all touching the bottom cymbal. So I have to then loosen the clutch, drop the hi-hat so it touches the sensor and then lift it back up to the right height and then it sounds perfect again. I have to do this everytime I turn it off and then on again.

I'm assuming this shouldn't happen and that it should save the sound from when I last played it? I bought the drums new a while back and it has always done this as far as I remember, I just never really looked into it since it was only a minor thing, but curious if anyone knows why this is happening? I have calibrated it several times, the module has been reset and so on.

Thanks

You don't have your foot on the pedal, pressed down, when you turn on the module I hope?
    E-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz173edtgc...14709.jpg?raw=1
    A-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxkwbj1rv7...345-1.jpg?raw=1
    TD-30, KT10, PD-105/125, 13" DIY + BT-1, VH-11/CY14/15/5, PM-30, HD-280 Pro

Comment

Nope, the hi-hat is left as it is, I don't touch it.

When I go to the calibration screen on the module after first turning it on, the arrow on the scale indicating the height of the hi-hat is all the way to the top, it seems to think it is completely open, so I have to drop the hi-hat and recalibrate it each time.

Comment

Working...
      X