Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

The Technical forum is for soft/hardware technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

TD-15 and TD-30 USB Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-15 and TD-30 USB Question

In my TD-15 user manual, Roland specifically states to _not_ plug a USB flash drive into the USB port while the unit is on. In other words, turn the module off first before plugging and unplugging a USB flash drive. But nowhere in my TD-30 user manual does it say this. So I am assuming that it is OK to plug and unplug a USB flash drive into the TD-30 while the unit is on? I hope it's OK because I just did it a few times Has anybody out there had any problems doing this while the unit is on? I guess there must be a specific reason why they tell you _not_ to do this on the TD-15.

I've only used USB flash with the td30, never had issues regardless if it's on or off. For the td15, it's always safer to follow the manual... Why risk a fried flash stick?
    •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
    •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
    •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Originally posted by MilosDrummer View Post
      I've only used USB flash with the td30, never had issues regardless if it's on or off. For the td15, it's always safer to follow the manual... Why risk a fried flash stick?
      Thanks for the feedback, I'm concerned about my TD-30, not my TD-15. If everyone is inserting and removing flash drives from their TD-30 while their units are on, then at least I know I'm doing this the right way. If you can plug flash drives into computer USB ports without shutting down the computer, I can't see why you can't do this on these modules. When I first got my TD-30, I was turning it off and on every time I needed to use a flash drive which was a bit of a hassle, I don't do that anymore

Comment

I plug my USBs in to my TD-30 and TD-25 with them on, all the time. No issues

Comment

Originally posted by ReeseRocket View Post
          I plug my USBs in to my TD-30 and TD-25 with them on, all the time. No issues
          Thanks for the feedback. I plugged and unplugged mine today many times installing lots of V Expressions kits, no problems whatsoever

Comment

Working...
          X