Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Roland kick pad problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland kick pad problem

I have a problem with my Roland kick pad. It has started clicking through my 600 watt keyboard amp. It stops if I turn the volume down on the amp or on the control panel. I thought it might be a speaker or driver problem but none of the other drums, cause a click no matter how hard I hit them or how loud I set the amp. Has anyone else experienced such a problem or have any idea what might be causing it?

kick pad clicking through your amp .. you sure it isn't clipping of the speaker ? especially electronic bassdrums can have very low freq
    (with strong amplitude) that your speaker (or headphone) tries to play, but can't physically handle..
    i would try to cut Lo freq on your bassdrum sound (sample) .. try cutting EQ below 80 or 100 Hz to different minus values (-2, -3 dB)
    you'd still have enough low end above 100 Hz .. but this might solve the issue ..
    | Diy Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by Dosh View Post
      I have a problem with my Roland kick pad. It has started clicking through my 600 watt keyboard amp. It stops if I turn the volume down on the amp or on the control panel. I thought it might be a speaker or driver problem but none of the other drums, cause a click no matter how hard I hit them or how loud I set the amp. Has anyone else experienced such a problem or have any idea what might be causing it?
      In order to find out what the problem is my advice is to assign the same kick sound that is used for your kick drum pad to any of your pads and hit a pad with assigned sound then. If clicking still there; means your kick pad is ok and the problem with amp. or the sample itself is very low as explained above by Ericdrums in terms of fre.Regards.
      Last edited by petr_drummer; 03-14-19, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that and see what happens

Comment

Performing with PMP. This module is absolutley wonderful !
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaeF...ature=youtu.be
          Last edited by petr_drummer; 03-28-19, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Does it still happen if you change the pitch of the kick trigger ?

Comment

HI John.b I've not tried changing the pitch yet. Reducing the low frequencies on the EQ seems to help but I still get the click at a higher volume. I'm considering adding a sub woofer to my set up in the hope that this will handle the low frequency better

Comment

Could it not be the speaker, or cabinet rattling?
                E-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz173edtgc...14709.jpg?raw=1
                A-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxkwbj1rv7...345-1.jpg?raw=1
                TD-30, KT10, PD-105/125, 13" DIY + BT-1, VH-11/CY14/15/5, PM-30, HD-280 Pro

Comment

Working...
                X