Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

ATV adrums with Strike Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV adrums with Strike Module

Hi all,

First post here, been lurking and reading a lot, but now I need some help!

I just got the ATV adrums standard set and a Strike Module (with the hopes that I can figure out how to load VST samples onto it) but I'm having some seemingly basic triggering issues in my set up.

The rim zone on the snare only seems to trigger 80% of the time - and I think I've played with every setting I can find. The floor tom rim zone rarely triggers at all. The rack tom seems to have the most consistent rim triggering of all... but it's not perfect. And even when the snare rim is triggering somewhat consistently, if I play something simple like 4 16th notes on the head, then a rim shot, it doesn't trigger at all.

I've tried switching cables around - and some cables seem better than others - although none of them are helping on the floor tom.
    I've tried playing with all the settings, sensitivity, Xtalk send and receive,threshold....
    I've even loosened and re-tightened the heads.

Is the strike module just not compatible with ATV drums? Did I get some bad triggers in my adrums? Anyone have any ideas?

BTW I'm also having hi-hat set up issues - although I haven't put as much time into troubleshooting that yet - I'm stuck on the very basic rim zone issue now.

Thanks so much!

Tom

Not sure about the ATV aDrums, but I run the Strike module with a full set of ATV cymbals and have had to tweak the trigger sensitivity to get the responsiveness I wanted. On my Strike pads, the rim zones have been perfect out of the box, but the trigger threshold on my hi-hats needed to be backed way out in order to get the blend from open to closed to a consistent transition. I'd start there and see if you get any better performance.

That said, if the rim response is perfect on one drum, but not the others, then you might just have a bad set of triggers on your kit. I'd try with a different pad if you can get one cheap or borrow one from someone to test with. You could also shift the one drum that's got a perfect rim response to another input and see if it's triggering correctly on the other channels... That would rule out the module in theory.

Good luck
    Roland TD-50 & eDRUMin Modules | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | FIELD, ATV, & Roland Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO Interface | Mackie ProFX10v3 Mixer | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

For Adrum, make sure your head are enough tight and even, when they ship, usually are not well tights,some lugs are very loose and this can create bad triggering. But for the rest, triggering on strike it's something else
      Last edited by Chris K; 03-26-19, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks rdubu - what settings are you using for your Hi Hat. I cannot for the life of me get it to work right. I have to open the hats way farther than normal to get even a half open sound - and it is inconsistent at best.... Also, there's a lot of choppiness (I don't know how else to describe it). It's like the edge sounds cut off abruptly as I play....

For the rims - the rack tom is triggering properly. So to test it out, I tried plugging the snare and the floor tom into the "tom 1" jack - and each drum can properly trigger the tom1 head and rim sound - so it doesn't seem to be a trigger issue. It's odd that they can't trigger the snare or floor tom rims sounds when plugged into those jacks... I even tried matching all the settings for tom1 but it doesn't help. I'm afraid it's a module issue. Like the jacks aren't receiving the info correctly or something...

Originally posted by rdubu View Post
        Not sure about the ATV aDrums, but I run the Strike module with a full set of ATV cymbals and have had to tweak the trigger sensitivity to get the responsiveness I wanted. On my Strike pads, the rim zones have been perfect out of the box, but the trigger threshold on my hi-hats needed to be backed way out in order to get the blend from open to closed to a consistent transition. I'd start there and see if you get any better performance.

That said, if the rim response is perfect on one drum, but not the others, then you might just have a bad set of triggers on your kit. I'd try with a different pad if you can get one cheap or borrow one from someone to test with. You could also shift the one drum that's got a perfect rim response to another input and see if it's triggering correctly on the other channels... That would rule out the module in theory.

Good luck

Comment

Hey man. Try lowering the threshold to 5. Thatís there I run mine at... Sensitivity is at 72, re-trigger is at 5. I run this mirrored for both the hat trigger settings. Iíve got a nice sloshy sound off pedal - as I donít run my hats too high, and I get a nice blend between closed, semi-open, and off pedal... Iím layering, but it sounds and performs awesome.
          Roland TD-50 & eDRUMin Modules | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | FIELD, ATV, & Roland Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO Interface | Mackie ProFX10v3 Mixer | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

Working...
          X