Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

VH-11 high hat issue please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH-11 high hat issue please help.

Hope somebody can identify with the problem I am having and offer some help to get the issue resolved.
    I am experiencing some clicking sound coming from the VH-11 high hats whenever I put my foot down to close the hat. This issue seems to be progressive and I have no idea how to fix it. Is there a solution? Is there a replacement part that I need to get or is buying a whole new high hat the only way to go.
    Please help.

Ah, easy fix you need to lower the clutch just slighty, so to the part is already slighty slid over that short tube on top of the controller, otherwise the top part first bangs against it before finding its way and slide over it.
    E-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpx92wez8v...3558.jpg?raw=1
    A-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxkwbj1rv7...345-1.jpg?raw=1
    TD-30, KT10, PD-105/125, 13" DIY + BT-1, VH-11/CY14/15/5, PM-30, HD-280 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by replyme View Post
      Hope somebody can identify with the problem I am having and offer some help to get the issue resolved.
      I am experiencing some clicking sound coming from the VH-11 high hats whenever I put my foot down to close the hat. This issue seems to be progressive and I have no idea how to fix it. Is there a solution? Is there a replacement part that I need to get or is buying a whole new high hat the only way to go.
      Please help.
      I've never had an issue with the VH-11. The instructions are very clear to leave a 3 mm space between the one piece high hat and the tube on the controller piece djska is referring to. I shine a flashlight underneath once I've tightened the clutch to the high hat stand, let the weight of the one piece hat pull the thinner upper tubing of your stand to where there is a tiny approximately 3mm gap showing between the one piece high hat & controller piece at where they meet up. You should see about 3 mm of the thin rod of your stand showing. You really have to crouch down and use a flashlight to see it. It usually takes some fiddling to get that nice little 3 mm gap but you want it. This will ensure you have the high hat at the correct height. If there is a huge gap then yes, I can foresee a problem but nowhere in the manual does it say let the high hat and controller fully meet. The high hat piece will never slide over the little tube on the controller piece, they are the same diameter. It will simply lie flush around the perimeter and push down the little tube in the controller piece which is spring loaded and which will naturally spring back up when you release pressure on the pedal.

Be sure the Roland logo is on the far side of the one piece hat away from player, on the opposite side of your high hat stand pedal, with logo readable by player as right side up.
      Last edited by Howstamychi; 03-12-19, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Ok, you're right in that the bottom part of the clutch doesn't slide over the short black tube of the controller, but if the top doesn't lay flush against it, you do get this clicking noise, so you don't want any gap there, as that causes the top to bang against bottom part. If you're dead set on leaving that 3mm space as per manual then putting a thin disk of felt may help quieten the click.
        E-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpx92wez8v...3558.jpg?raw=1
        A-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxkwbj1rv7...345-1.jpg?raw=1
        TD-30, KT10, PD-105/125, 13" DIY + BT-1, VH-11/CY14/15/5, PM-30, HD-280 Pro

Comment

I also Had this issue, What I found was I wasn't using a Felt Washer to cushion the Hi Hat Controller against The HI Hat Stand ! I put the Steel Washer, Then the FELT WASHER then the Controller on that ...Did the Trick !

Comment

Working...
          X