Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

ATV aDrums occasional cut off hit when paired with Mimic Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ccccc
    Last edited by petr_drummer; 04-10-19, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Agree with Mr.Boo, MP3 examples would surely be the best for describing such a thing. Otherwise how does the sound cut off exactly?

For example, I thought the snare in SD3 was bugged because hitting Xstick after hitting head, mutes / kills the tail end of previous sample in a completely unnatural manner, not clean at all!
      But nothing was wrong with my Megadrum module, and it turns out it's a hidden feature of the SD3 sound engine.
      ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
      Community Drum Module Document
      PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
        Agree with Mr.Boo, MP3 examples would surely be the best for describing such a thing. Otherwise how does the sound cut off exactly?

For example, I thought the snare in SD3 was bugged because hitting Xstick after hitting head, mutes / kills the tail end of previous sample in a completely unnatural manner, not clean at all!
        But nothing was wrong with my Megadrum module, and it turns out it's a hidden feature of the SD3 sound engine.
        It looks to me that this hihat issue is not the same thing as the subject of this topic.

Comment

MrBoo, these are the settings for the ATV w/ Mimic http://www.screencast.com/t/RPa46MgVpPW
          Last edited by Six; 04-10-19, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Six View Post
            MrBoo, these are the settings for the ATV w/ Mimic http://www.screencast.com/t/RPa46MgVpPW
            You clutch look like a bit loose with the felt, tight it a bit, the heights between the 2 hihat seem too much tight, get 1" open.

Full open, close\open border threshold and extra value seem too much close together, the value show there is no room for articulation transition and breathing with the pedal, my vh11 is by far had much more room extra tight to full open separation.

I will redo capture close\ open position again, when they said press for extra tight, press hard down as you can not only light foot. These value would be never playable for me. Make sure you are using TRS cable for the controller and hihat.

You might have defective controller, a possibility.
            Last edited by Chris K; 04-11-19, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I can tell you 100% that settings on the "HatControl -HH POS" are not ok for ATV hat.
              Check this video and pay an attention that the white bar that shows your hihat close<->open sensor position is moving from the very bottom to the very top.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhCT0OGhtXc
              And I don't see him pressing the hihat pedal very hard.

On your video the hihat sensor reading are much less wide. That is not ok.
              I don't know if it's a hihat, or a hihat stand, or hihat installation, or mimic.
              Last time I saw this - it was hihat. The customer changed it to roland and everything worked perfect immediately.
              But it could be anything else.
              I mean I never got a single report that mimic hihat control trigger input got failed that way, but "never say never".
              I propose to borrow a roland vh11 or vh 13 hihat, or FD pedal - and try it.

Comment

Thanks Chris/ MrBoo for replying. To be fair, I've had spacing of the actual hihat wide and lightly touching(always sizzle sound). The setting very wide as well.

I will try what both of you have suggested. The hihat stand and controller base are firm (no felt underneath) and TRS cables throughout the kit.

See the pic of my acoustic hihat. It is less than .5" spacing. I'm not looking to change my playing style, but I find myself trying to find sweet spots on the ATV every time I'm executing the "pssst" sound.

If your recommendations don't work, I think a call to ATV is in order.
                Last edited by Six; 04-11-19, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks Chris/ MrBoo for replying. To be fair, I've had spacing of the actual hihat wide and lightly touching(always sizzle sound). The setting very wide as well.

I will try what both of you have suggested. The hihat stand and controller base are firm (no felt underneath) and TRS cables throughout the kit.

See the pic of my acoustic hihat. It is less than .5" spacing. I'm not looking to change my playing style, but I find myself trying to find sweet spots on the ATV every time I'm executing the "pssst" sound.

If your recommendations don't work, I think a call to ATV is in order.
                  the cymbals spacing does not matter at this moment.

Mimic can't read your hihat position - it's not about mimic settings.
                  Please re-read my message.
                  Last edited by Mr.Boo; 04-11-19, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Guess what I found? The power plug into the controller is not secure.

I was looking at all connections and accidentally tapped the power cord and the hihat splashed as if I hit it in open postion. Strange! I looked underneath didn't see anything out of the norm. I tapped on the hat a few time and noticed the light on the controller periodically flashed. So I pressed the power cord to make sure it was firmly seated in the controller.... splash, splash. I turned the controller off/on and played the hat a bit more. Same outcome. Upon a little further inspection, I noticed the cord moves around in the controller and when moved, splash, splash and closed hat sounds. Not good!!!

I don't know if that is the fix in the end, but it sure isn't mechanically sound. I'll add this, I am not a heavy hitter in the least. I have cymbals which are decades old in excellent condition. And I don't play the e-kit often, so it's not an abuse issue.

After all that, I made the changes suggested above. Still about the same results. HatControl-HH Pos settings: 990/686/555. I could press harder during the extra tight setting, but I am pressing much harder than I would normally to achieve these settings.

ATV, expect a call later today. I'll posts the outcome here.

Comment

Unless you have some simple problems like wrong cables, no power supply attached etc, I don't think ATV will be able to help you without detailed issues description, videos, sound examples etc.
                      Mimic hihat needs just a few minutes set up in a few simple steps if the hihat pad is working ok.

PS in my opinion it is not reasonable to post all that stuff in this thread. The thread is about very different issue.
                      Last edited by Mr.Boo; 04-12-19, 09:51 AM.

Comment

This is the technical page. And while it only may only "need" a few adjustments to work correctly, mine has not and I'm not the only user to have issues getting it right (for whatever the reasons). But if resolution doesn't warrant posting, then I shall not. I appreciated your help nontheless.

Comment

This is the technical page. And while it only may only "need" a few adjustments to work correctly, mine has not and I'm not the only user to have issues getting it right (for whatever the reasons). But if resolution doesn't warrant posting, then I shall not. I appreciated your help nontheless.
                          Sorry but your reaction looks very strange to me.

There is a clear topic name, so people that are looking for info about sound cut off are entering this particular topic. And we are discussing the hihat open-close sensor issues now.

Moreover, let's say you would need to post some more info about your hihat in a week or two - it will be much easier for you to find your own forum thread that contains your own info and post some additional info. It will be much easier for me to track a dedicated forum thread.

All I was trying to say - is that it really helps to keep the info organized. Easier to read, find, answer, keep track of changes etc...
                          If another person would have hihat issues - it will be almost impossible for him to find your messages in that thread.

And while it only may only "need" a few adjustments to work correctly, mine has not and I'm not the only user to have issues getting it right (for whatever the reasons).
                          If these customers who has hihat issues would be so kind to arrange a special discussion topic and post detailed description of their problems, it will be much easier to help.
                          Unfortunately, most customers I know about are just posting randomly about hihat issues, but they has no time or will to spend a few minutes to make a good description and post photos/videos etc. As you probably know I'm trying to help people with issues, but I have to understand the problem to be able to help or fix it. There is no other way. Wild guessing rarely helps.

Hopefully my position is more clear now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post
                            Hopefully my position is more clear now.
                            I can't say that I do. This is the technical page. If you want another heading for this, you certainly may do so.

Text/writing can be misinterpreted. It seems you are offended by something I've said. I said I appreciated your help. I wasn't criticizing you or Mimic or ATV for that matter. I just want some expensive equipment to work. Telling me others have there's working and it only take a few settings to get it work, has not, is not resolving it "for me". If you have the time, I'd gladly have a session with you as well if it accomplishes my goal?

Comment

I have to mention that my ATV aD-H14 high hat is working flawlessly with the Mimic and has never been an issue. I am still floored by the articulation, Mimic samples, and feel. It has nothing to do with the topic of aDrums being randomly cut off as Mr. Boo has tried several times to get across in his posts on this thread. I could start a thread on how excellent the pairing is.
                              Last edited by Howstamychi; 04-12-19, 04:23 PM. Reason: add

Comment

I can't say that I do. This is the technical page. If you want another heading for this, you certainly may do so.

Text/writing can be misinterpreted. It seems you are offended by something I've said. I said I appreciated your help. I wasn't criticizing you or Mimic or ATV for that matter. I just want some expensive equipment to work. Telling me others have there's working and it only take a few settings to get it work, has not, is not resolving it "for me". If you have the time, I'd gladly have a session with you as well if it accomplishes my goal?
                                Well, probably you understand the forum structure in some different way.
                                Probably my English is not good enough to deliver my thoughts, sorry about that

Comment

Working...
                                X