Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

SPD SX tempo sync problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPD SX tempo sync problem

Hi,

Iíve created a sample in Ableton, itís at 70bpm and consists of midi notes over two bars - it loops perfectly in Ableton (ie itís the correct length).

When I import it to the SPD SX to a kit thatís set at 70bpm, it plays perfectly. If I start the click and then hit the pad in time with the click, it follows the click with no problems.

I need to be able to tap the tempo as the sample is supposed to be triggered while a keyboard player plays an intro piece....I need to match his tempo.

When I flip the sample to ĎTempo sync: oní the sample plays back incredibly slowly....the only way I can get the sample to play back properly is to set the kit tempo back to the default 120bpm - so itís as if the tempo sync is relative to 120bpm.

How do I get the sample to play back at itís original tempo (70bpm) with a kit tempo of 70bpm and tempo sync on?

In the kit menu, go to quick menu > tempo match. Input the appropriate values, and if you press enter, the kit tempo will be set (optionally, you can hit exit leaving the kit tempo unchanged, but the wave will be synced). In the tempo match screen, you can also fine tune the tempo to avoid click drift. The higher the value, the slower it plays the wave back and vice versa.
    į•A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•į
    į•Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•į
    į•Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•į

Comment

Thanks for the info - it worked perfectly except the sample didnít survive the warping. Iím sure it wouldíve worked with a simple beat but this is an orchestral section - unfortunately there are all sorts of artifacts if I change the tempo.

Thanks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by dazzathedrummer View Post
        Thanks for the info - it worked perfectly except the sample didnít survive the warping. Iím sure it wouldíve worked with a simple beat but this is an orchestral section - unfortunately there are all sorts of artifacts if I change the tempo.

Thanks anyway!
        I guess the result depends on the audio content (and possibly source quality), but it also depends on how much you change the tempo. Anything greater than +/-5% can warp the sound.
        į•A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•į
        į•Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•į
        į•Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•į

Comment

Working...
        X