Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland Drum Module Input Issues - Triggering a second sound....HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Drum Module Input Issues - Triggering a second sound....HELP!!!!!

Hi guys!

I tried google but failed miserably. I have a TD12 module that triggers two sounds. It's not cables nor the actual pad. I know for sure that it's something related to the module itself and it's only the one input. The others work fine. The HH CTRL input trigggers the hat but also randomly triggers Tom 3 sound. Again, it's not anything to do with sensitivity or cabling. I did a factory reset and swapped out cables. The VH11 hat works perfectly on my TD30, so it's not the pad.

Have you heard of this before? Is it just a bad input jack or something simple like needs cleaning? AND if that is the case....how do you go about cleaning the input jacks? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Sounds like crosstalk

Justin can probably help you
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afsWiitdyzY
    TD-9 V2 (VEX'd), Roto-toms (8,10,12,14) on a collar-lock rack with internal DIY triggers, and Drum-tec real feel pro heads
    Triggered Sabian Quite tone cymbals

Comment

Iím having an issue with my vh11 where if Iím playing 8th notes on my hh trigger. It will randomly trigger it to play faster as if It was bouncing slightly. Iíve tried moving the pad higher to increase the gap between the trigger and pad. But it will still have the same outcome. For reference Iím playing on a TD-25. Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I need a new trigger? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by hodsmack4 View Post
        Hi guys!

I tried google but failed miserably. I have a TD12 module that triggers two sounds. It's not cables nor the actual pad. I know for sure that it's something related to the module itself and it's only the one input. The others work fine. The HH CTRL input trigggers the hat but also randomly triggers Tom 3 sound. Again, it's not anything to do with sensitivity or cabling. I did a factory reset and swapped out cables. The VH11 hat works perfectly on my TD30, so it's not the pad.

Have you heard of this before? Is it just a bad input jack or something simple like needs cleaning? AND if that is the case....how do you go about cleaning the input jacks? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!
        Yeah this is not the issue going on. The floor tom that triggers when the high hat is used is not even close in proximity. It's not X-Talk or Threshold. I am pretty confident that it's the actual input jack in question.

Comment

itís worth checking your cable where it goes in to the bottom of the hi-hat pad. i have a cy5 into a td9. the cable going into the cy5 has a right angle. if that is turned upwards and the cable touches the bottom of the cymbal pad, it will trigger random notes from other pads. i just turn it away and problem solved
          Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac; 2i4 >macbook || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || DIY compact a-kit, Mapex Meridian, Zildjian Ks, some As and Sabians and ... || youtube

Comment

Ive had an ongoing issues with the hihats causing the snare to be triggered. It happens when i release the foot pedal, i get a sort of drum roll. if i turn the snare slider down and connect the snare to a different input the problem stops. i think it must be the snare input. I originally thought it may be the Hihat clutch trigger as i could trigger the snare when i pushed the centre down then released it, when i contacted Roland in wales they said they thought it would be the cause. I got a replacement clutch but the problem remained. so at the moment im not using this input. i'm assuming i will need to sent the brain for repair

Comment

Hi,
              Have you news? I Have the same problem ....

Comment

I'm having the same problem when trying to trigger Superior Drummer 3 tough.When playing straight from the module everything works smoothly, when acting as MIDI I get all kind of weird MIDI notes alongside CC info when pressing HiHat pedal(VH11). Module is a TD9

Comment

I have similar problem with my TD 12.
                  tom 3 started playing 2 sounds at same time when hit. Tom Tom and Hi hat I think. Happened on all kits and evrn after 2 resets. Eventually I re routed tom 3 to one of the aux inputs and got around the problem.

just recently (a few minthd later) the snare drum started playing up. It would only play the rim/edge sound when hit normally and occasionally a bass drum sound at the same time. I Only get a normal snare sound when it is hit hard and still getting the bass drum sound at same time.
                  does this on all kits. Don't think it's cross talk as it does same when the cable was moved from the snare to one of the tom's.
                  I also reconnected tom 3 back into its correct output from the module and it seems to be working ok now. No extra sounds bring triggered. Almost as if the problem has moved from tom 3 to the snare.
                  any help or advice appreciated.

Comment

Hi guys

i have the same problem and i can't find any solution on internet.

can you guys help me? Please

Comment

These issues are impossible to troubleshoot over the internet. All we can do is suggest you check your cables, check your Crosstalk, Threshold settings. It's not likely that there's anything wrong with your module.

A methodical approach helps here. Do a factory reset. Only plug in the trigger that you have problems with. Check to see if the problem is still there. Add another trigger. Check again. And so forth. Once you isolate the problem, you will be closer to finding a way to fix it. Good luck!

Module: TD-9v2. Kick: KD-8, pedal: Iron Cobra with KAT Silent Strike beater. Hats: VH-10 with Tama Swivel hi-hat stand. Snare: PD-120. Toms: 3 x PD-80R. Crashes: CY-12RC, CY-14. Ride: CY-15R. Aux: BT-1.

Comment

If after doing a factory reset and checking the cable and pad do not fix the problem, (TD-12, TD-20, TD-30) I think you should open up the module, carefully disconnect, clean and reconnect all the ribbon cables, (similar to the Display Fix).

Comment

Originally posted by hodsmack4 View Post
                          Hi guys!

Thanks!!!
                          Did you ever get to the bottom of this? The have just bought a used kit with the exact issue. Nothing else plugged into the module, just the HHControl cable and the control module in hand, when pushing down the sleeve and releasing it back up it triggers 4 progressively louder tom3 triggers. I have a clear video to show it. It done it before updating to 1.11 and after.

Comment

Also, under further testing, it seems that with only the ride connected with a single loose cable, it also triggers aux1.

surely there must be other cases that have been successfully troubleshot?

Comment

I managed to fix this. So surprised that there was NO info available for this. Seems like it would be a relatively common issue with an easy fix.

Seems like it’s a low voltage from the CR2032 battery on the board. Probably something to do with quartz and bad clocking. Changed the battery and all the bad/multi triggering is gone.

hopefully anyone else with the same problem can search the thread and fix now and hopefully the guys with the same issue above have sorted it or can now sort it.

Comment

Working...
                              X