Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

The Technical forum is for soft/hardware technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Hit hi-hat once, hear it twice!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit hi-hat once, hear it twice!

Hi there.

I have a Roland TD-4 kit.

If I hit my hi-hat edge with the stick while I have my hi-hat pedal pressed down so that the hi-hat is "closed," I usually hear the hit-hat sound twice. Almost like there's a quick echo of the hit (but the same volume). So instead of hearing "tss" I hear "tss tss." I suspect there's a connection loose somewhere inside it which is triggering the sound twice instead of once.

Thoughts?

Check the TRS cable at the HH and the foot switch. Make sure they aren't dirty and that they're plugged in all the way.
    E-kit: TD50KV with KD A22, SPD-SX, BT-1, Acoustic: DW Custom, Maple Mahogany, Zildjian K Customs, Sweet and Darks, Pork Pie Thrones, Tama Speed Cobras and DW HW, Zildjian sticks. Midas 32C, MD421, EV ND46, ND96, SM57, SM81. Past kits include Roland TD9 Mesh and TD30K.

Comment

Do you have the CY-5 hi-hat pad? If yes, that happened to me too and the problem was that the pad was too loose so the movement triggered it twice. Tightening the pad on the support solved the problem.
      Roland TD-12 + SD3 + Drum-tec stainless steel Pro snare, ATV 18” ride & some basic Roland pads.

Comment

Originally posted by ilmagodiloz View Post
        Do you have the CY-5 hi-hat pad? If yes, that happened to me too and the problem was that the pad was too loose so the movement triggered it twice. Tightening the pad on the support solved the problem.
        Yeah, the CY-5. It's already pretty tight on there, but I'll try that. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X