Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Possible compatibility issues with ATV cymbals and Roland TD-50 Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible compatibility issues with ATV cymbals and Roland TD-50 Module

Last week I bought an open box TD-50DP upgrade pack from Sweetwater and I am using it with my ATV aDrums kit. Prior to getting an ATV kit I had a TD-50KV setup so I am pretty familiar with the module.

I am experiencing a weird glitch with the bow section of my 16" ATV cymbals. When I start to play a ride pattern on the bow of the crash I get a dropout that occurs fairly consistently. After extensive troubleshooting, I discovered it only happens when I hit the digital snare at the same time while playing a ride pattern on the bow of the crash. It typically occurs on every 3rd or 4th snare drum hit. I confirmed this by replacing my digital snare with the ATV snare and the dropouts stopped. I also discovered that it only effects crash2 input and the aux inputs. Just to rule out any software issues I first did a Factory Reset and retested. Then I did a reinstall of update 1.07. Neither Factory Reset or reinstall fixed the issue.

Today I was able to borrow a Roland CY-12R cymbal from a friend. After a thorough testing I can confirm there are no dropout issues when using a Roland cymbal.

My questions to the forum are: What is different about the ATV cymbals that could cause this issue? Is there anyone else using a TD-50 with ATV cymbals experiencing a similar issue? Should I call Roland about this or will they not support a third party trigger? Beside possible compatibility issues does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing these dropouts to occur?

BTW my open box TD-50 pack was brand new looking except for a few marks on the ride. For $1999 I couldn't pass it up. Plus it comes with Sweetwater's 2 year warranty.

Thanks!

​​
    Last edited by Chance27; 02-17-19, 10:55 PM.
    ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Check the Cross-Talk (Xtalk) settings and reduce the Xtalk cancellation.

Comment

Sorry I can't help, but that is a killer deal on the TD50DP Digital Pack!
      ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

Originally posted by tkydon View Post
        Check the Cross-Talk (Xtalk) settings and reduce the Xtalk cancellation.
        You nailed it!

I reduced the Xtalk to 30 which is the same as CR1's default setting. No dropouts after 5 minutes of steady playing on the CR2's bow. I wonder why Roland sets the default Xtalk higher on CR2? And the reason why the aux inputs were doing the same things is because they were set to 40 Xtalk.

Thanks so much for the tip!
        ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
          Sorry I can't help, but that is a killer deal on the TD50DP Digital Pack!
          Yeah, when I saw it last Sunday on Sweetwater's sight I was a little apprehensive due to the low price plus they were using a stock photo so I had no idea what kind of condition it was in. I was going to wait until Monday to talk to my Sweetwater Rep but I ended up pulling the trigger as I new it wouldn't last until the next morning. I think the lowest used price I have seen is around $2500.

As you can see by the pic it is extremely clean. I really lucked out on this one. Sweetwater's Deal page is definitely worth checking out.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
          X