Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

TD-30 mounting bracket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-30 mounting bracket

OK, this is my last TD-30 post for a while i'm wondering if anybody else has noticed that the mounting bracket that bolts underneath the TD-30 module and fastens the module to the MDS rack is a little bit flimsy? Mine is plastic (hopefully they all are) and has no cracks in it, the screws are tight. But it's just a little bit on the flimsy side for a unit this heavy. When I push the plus and minus buttons in the bottom right corner of the unit , I almost don't want to push on them too hard thinking that I might break the mount. I'm sure these modules and brackets are all built to withstand a certain amount of shock. Has anybody else noticed this, though? I don't know what could possibly be wrong, everything is tight and I have physically inspected the mounting bracket and it's fine. I'm hoping this is all normal

you can replace the cheap plastic mount with metal or stainless steel one for cheap,

this one https://www.amazon.com/Gibraltar-SC-...gateway&sr=8-2

Comment

My TD-30 moves a little bit when puching in new kits for songs. Bit it doesn't feel like it gonna break. I say buy the mount the TIVI posted. I might do the same thing.

Comment

Thanks, so it sounds like everybody gets this, like these stock mounts from Roland are a little bit on the wobbly side? I shouldn't have used the word break, that was a poor choice of words. The mount just feels a bit flimsy, even when I strike a pad or hit a cymbal mounted on the rack, the module will shake just a tiny little bit. I was mainly concerned if this was "normal" because I can certainly live with it. Just didn't want to see my module take a tumble
        Last edited by garyZZ; 02-15-19, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post
          you can replace the cheap plastic mount with metal or stainless steel one for cheap,

this one https://www.amazon.com/Gibraltar-SC-...gateway&sr=8-2
          I upgraded to this for the same reason on my SPD-SX (haven't done so on the TD). If you upgrade the unit mount, you might want to look at the rack mount as well since it becomes the new potential point of failure.
          E-kit: TD50KV with KD A22, SPD-SX, BT-1, Acoustic: DW Custom, Maple Mahogany, Zildjian K Customs, Sweet and Darks, Pork Pie Thrones, Tama Speed Cobras and DW HW, Zildjian sticks. Midas 32C, MD421, EV ND46, ND96, SM57, SM81. Past kits include Roland TD9 Mesh and TD30K.

Comment

The Gibraltar plate looks good. And the rack mount clamp was going to be my next question. Which rack mount clamp would you recommend?

Comment

I bought a Gibraltar 6713E double braced stand with SC-EMMP metal mounting bracket today for my TD-30 module. Wow, what a huge difference. Solid as a rock. No vibration whatsoever. And 100 bucks less than the Roland PDS-10 stand. Highly recommended if you are concerned about the same issues I was.

Comment

If you want a Roland clamp, you might watch ebay for the rack mount to an MDY or MDH. Here's one of the mounts with a tom mount... https://www.roland.com/global/products/mdh-25/
                E-kit: TD50KV with KD A22, SPD-SX, BT-1, Acoustic: DW Custom, Maple Mahogany, Zildjian K Customs, Sweet and Darks, Pork Pie Thrones, Tama Speed Cobras and DW HW, Zildjian sticks. Midas 32C, MD421, EV ND46, ND96, SM57, SM81. Past kits include Roland TD9 Mesh and TD30K.

Comment

...note that the TD mount is the same size as the tom mount in the rack clamp.

Comment

Working...
                  X