TD-30 Wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-30 Wireless

Has anyone successfully gotten the wireless function to work with their TD-30 module? I'm using a Netgear WNA1100VC-100ENS USB adaptor which worked perfectly with my TD-15 module. I followed all of the instructions on the Roland website, SETUP >> F5 >> C MENU but there isn't even a wireless option in the C MENU although the adaptor is plugged into the USB port on start up. I use the wireless function a lot with the Air Recorder app

Have you tried updating the firmware version?
    •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
    •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
    •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Interesting, I will have to read my manual again. I didnt know the TD30 had wireless capability. With that said, I dont know what I would connect to. I think Im technically handicapped.
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

You really have to read between the lines (in the fine print) with with these updates because I realized after looking on the Roland site that in order to use wireless, the system version must be at least 1.10. My system version was 1.01. The person I bought my TD-30 from thought he had updated to 1.13 but hadn't done so. Updating to the latest 1.13 made it work

Comment

Originally posted by MilosDrummer View Post
          Have you tried updating the firmware version?
          thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by garyZZ View Post

thanks!
            No problem! I remember seeing this option on some modules I used, and also reading that it was implemented with later updates... Actually, I would love to hear how it works when you get it running!
            •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
            •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
            •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Originally posted by MilosDrummer View Post

No problem! I remember seeing this option on some modules I used, and also reading that it was implemented with later updates... Actually, I would love to hear how it works when you get it running!
              It's awesome when you use it with the Roland Air Recorder app. Unfortunately, this app is no longer maintained or supported by Roland. I use an old version of iOS on my iPhone so it works perfectly for me. I turn the TD-30 on, it automatically starts the wireless [you can see three bars for signal strength on the screen], I fire up the Air Recorder app, hit the record button and start playing and it records directly to my iPhone wirelessly. Great for those little ideas you come across on the spur the moment. Cool feature

Comment

Must read the manual. I never knew about this although my TD30 is static and connected via USB to my PC so will never need it. Still I'm intrigued.
                Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
                X