Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

The Technical forum is for soft/hardware technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Is the roland td12 brain ****ed up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the roland td12 brain ****ed up?

Help guys!!!

the brain of my td12 is doing weird things: all the cables are unplugged but when I turn on the brain the trigger led blinks, the rim button becomes orange and in the headphones I ear the sequentially sounds of hihat, ride, snare and tom then silence and randomly the sound of bass drum, I repeat all the cables are unplugged!!!

What can I do? Throw it out of the window? Call roland's support? Help!!!!

Tnx

Yes, and yes. Seriously, call Roland.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ok I will do it, but now the question is: how much it will cost? Should I start to search a second hand brain instead of waiting all the process of Roland's support?

Comment

At this point in the lifespan, it'll probably be a wash either way. (buying used vs repair cost)
        Alan
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

You could try strip it down and reseat all the connectors. If you don't feel confident enough to do this then as above as there is no way of guessing how much it would cost.
          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by giorgio View Post
            Help guys!!!

the brain of my td12 is doing weird things: all the cables are unplugged but when I turn on the brain the trigger led blinks, the rim button becomes orange and in the headphones I ear the sequentially sounds of hihat, ride, snare and tom then silence and randomly the sound of bass drum, I repeat all the cables are unplugged!!!

What can I do? Throw it out of the window? Call roland's support? Help!!!!

Tnx
            Alan is correct. If you call the Roland Corporate Headquarters in California you might try the main # (323) 890-3700, press zero for the operator and ask for Travis in V-Drums. Let him know he has been of great value to one of your peers. He is especially helpful and likely the Tech support employee you will get wading through the computer directory, there seem to be only a few guys there but waiting time for me has always been minimal. They open at 8:30 AM PST.

Comment

Working...
            X