Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

ATV 18" ride weak triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV 18" ride weak triggering

Hi everyone, I've just bought an ATV 18" ride and the triggering is pretty weak. Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong. I also have a Roland CY-13R and CY-12C with Sensitivity set at 11, but the ATV cymbal triggers much lower velocities and I have to set the Sensitivity to 28 to have a decent triggering. I have a TD-12 and I use C15R as trigger type.
    Last edited by ilmagodiloz; 02-10-19, 02:42 AM.
    Roland TD-12 + SD3 + Drum-tec stainless steel Pro snare, ATV 18” ride & some basic Roland pads.

Yeah, something is wrong if you need to set the sensitive that high. Have you tried resetting the trigger settings for the ride input to their default values and starting over? ATV recommends Sensitivity of 12 and a Rim Gain of 0.5. Is the triggering the same on all areas of the cymbal? Give Scott at ATV a call he will help you out.

ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance27 View Post
      Yeah, something is wrong if you need to set the sensitive that high. Have you tried resetting the trigger settings for the ride input to their default values and starting over? ATV recommends Sensitivity of 12 and a Rim Gain of 0.5. Is the triggering the same on all areas of the cymbal? Give Scott at ATV a call he will help you out.
      Thanks for your help. There are actually 3 hotspots close to the bell so not sure if thereís a problem with the trigger itself. I reset the module and the same input with a Roland cymbal works fine.
      Roland TD-12 + SD3 + Drum-tec stainless steel Pro snare, ATV 18” ride & some basic Roland pads.

Comment

I'm in the process of replacing mine, the edge stopped triggering and wasn't consistent around the cymbal. I was told they just got in more inventory... I should get my replacement this week I hope.
        Roland TD50KV, MIMIC Pro

Comment

Update:

Mike from ATV got back to me saying that Sensitivity 20 and Threshold 0 could easily be correct settings ó(which surprised me since ATV says to se Sensitivity to 12 on TD-12 module)

He asked me to send him a video so he can have a better picture of what I'm experiencing.

I'm sharing the video with you guys too:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mEN...ature=youtu.be

Just so you know:
          - I reset the TD-12 module, so all trigger settings were back to default
          - I tried different audio cables for the cymbal
          - I tried different audio inputs from the module
          - Roland cymbals work well at normal 11-12 Sensitivity settings

I'll update the post when I hear back from Mike, it might be useful to someone in the future.
          Last edited by ilmagodiloz; 02-13-19, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Update 2:

Mike said to adjust the Sensitivity as high as I need to register the full range of velocities. Nothing wrong with the cymbal.

Comment

Originally posted by ilmagodiloz View Post
              Update 2:

Mike said to adjust the Sensitivity as high as I need to register the full range of velocities. Nothing wrong with the cymbal.
              The center zone sensitivity setting affect the bell zone\rimshots sensitivity as well, the main gain came from center zone, for both, same for snare rim\ rim toms, people that struggle and fatigue with their playing on rims and bell, it's because of wrong setting.
              Last edited by Chris K; 03-10-19, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

The center zone sensitivity setting affect the bell zone\rimshots sensitivity as well, the main gain came from center zone, for both, same for snare rim\ rim toms, people that struggle and fatigue with their playing on rims and bell, it's because of wrong setting.
                Thanks for your input Chris, but Iím not sure I understand what youíre suggesting. Could you please elaborate? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ilmagodiloz View Post

Thanks for your input Chris, but Iím not sure I understand what youíre suggesting. Could you please elaborate? Thank you.
                  Bow gain is important for bell I means, don't be afraid to increase sensitivity on bow it will help bell zone sensitivity as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X