Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Remote hihat help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote hihat help needed please

Hi.
    I have a td25. I've set up my aux input as a hihat with the aim of freeing up my left foot from the hihat pedal to do double bass drum work.

the fly in the ointment is that the aux, when set as a hihat is still controlled by the main hihat pedal.

what I want to do is lock the aux as a half open hihat. Is that possible at all?

(If it's not possible on a td25, is it possible on a td9?)

thanks all
    Adapt | Improvise | Overcome
    And if all else fails, run screaming

Mechanical solution - Tama HH905XP
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

That which creates a challenge for you is seen as a benefit to me. I would look for a sound that somewhat resembles a closed HH if available on the 25. I don't know of any other way to handle it from a head unit perspective. Alternately, I typically solve this issue personally by using a 2 legged HH stand and putting my heel on the HH pedal while using the toe for the LH BD pedal.
      E-kit: TD50KV with KD A22, SPD-SX, BT-1, Acoustic: DW Custom, Maple Mahogany, Zildjian K Customs, Sweet and Darks, Pork Pie Thrones, Tama Speed Cobras and DW HW, Zildjian sticks. Midas 32C, MD421, EV ND46, ND96, SM57, SM81. Past kits include Roland TD9 Mesh and TD30K.

Comment

I had no idea the cobra clutch was a thing! Thank you, and until I can afford one, a near target sound is what I'll look for. Thank you both.
        Adapt | Improvise | Overcome
        And if all else fails, run screaming

Comment

Working...
        X