Left/right out on my TD 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left/right out on my TD 9

I noticed that the left right quarter inch out on my module does not reflect the panning I have going on on my mixer in the TD 9. The headphone out however does. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or explain to me why itís that way?

Originally posted by drumharm View Post
    I noticed that the left right quarter inch out on my module does not reflect the panning I have going on on my mixer in the TD 9.
    What does it reflect? Opposite panning? No panning? How is the module connected to the PA, if that's what you use?
    į•A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•į
    į•Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•į
    į•Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•į

Comment

I have the toms and bass all the way to the right and the snare and cymbals all the way to the left.

Comment

The headphone out definitely reflects this planning but the right and left quarter inch out does not. Left and right seem to be putting out mono signals

Comment

The headphone out definitely reflects this planning but the right and left quarter inch out does not. Left and right seem to be putting out mono signals

Comment

Originally posted by MilosDrummer View Post
            How is the module connected to the PA, if that's what you use?
            ​​​​​​What are you listening the LR out on?
            į•A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•į
            į•Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•į
            į•Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•į

Comment

As MilosDrummer asks, what external device(s) are you plugging in to?

When you go out of the headphone-out, you are plugging one cable into ... what? (And are there further connections down the line?)

When you go out of the L and R, you are plugging two cables into ... what? (And are there further connections down the line?)

E.g. ...
              headphone-out > mixer > two powered speakers?
              L/R > mixer > two powered speakers?

E-Kits: Roland TD9v1, Yamaha DTX Multi12, Zendrum EXP; FD9, KT10 // Interfaces: Scarlett 2i4, Scarlett 6i6 // Sounds: Superior Drummer 3, Stompblock // Computers: Macbook, imac // Logic, Garageband // Headphones: ATH-M30x // Speakers: Yamaha DBR10, Yamaha HS7s // A-Kits: DIY compact kit, Mapex Meridian // Cymbals: Zildjian Ks, a few As and Sabians, and ...

Comment

In the case of the left right out Iím using to quarter inch cables into discreet channels on the small mixer. With the headphones out Iím doing the same thing because Iím trying to figure things out and why itís not working but Iím using a TRS cable or insert cable out of the headphone out it into two discrete channels on the same mixer. I do not have them pans because I just need to be able to control the times and low-end of one channel and symbols and snare and another for level purposes. The output of the mixer is mono

Comment

Originally posted by drumharm View Post
                  In the case of the left right out Iím using to quarter inch cables into discreet channels on the small mixer. With the headphones out Iím doing the same thing because Iím trying to figure things out and why itís not working but Iím using a TRS cable or insert cable out of the headphone out it into two discrete channels on the same mixer. I do not have them pans because I just need to be able to control the times and low-end of one channel and symbols and snare and another for level purposes. The output of the mixer is mono
                  I don't think I can answer the question of the TD-9, but if the output of the mixer is mono, panning would be eliminated by/at the mixer no matter what you do.

E-kit: TD50KV with KD A22, SPD-SX, BT-1, Acoustic: DW Custom, Maple Mahogany, Zildjian K Customs, Sweet and Darks, Pork Pie Thrones, Tama Speed Cobras and DW HW, Zildjian sticks. Midas 32C, MD421, EV ND46, ND96, SM57, SM81. Past kits include Roland TD9 Mesh and TD30K.

Comment

iím still a bit confused about your cabling and routing. itís been quite a while now, but i have recorded the TD9 sounds into two channels of a desk using L/R out, and as I recall the instrument panning worked. i think the problem is probably outside the TD9. sorry i canít be more help
                    E-Kits: Roland TD9v1, Yamaha DTX Multi12, Zendrum EXP; FD9, KT10 // Interfaces: Scarlett 2i4, Scarlett 6i6 // Sounds: Superior Drummer 3, Stompblock // Computers: Macbook, imac // Logic, Garageband // Headphones: ATH-M30x // Speakers: Yamaha DBR10, Yamaha HS7s // A-Kits: DIY compact kit, Mapex Meridian // Cymbals: Zildjian Ks, a few As and Sabians, and ...

Comment

Definitely not outside. Typically I use the left and right quarter inch out to go to a main board that puts out to front of house in mono. And then I use the headphone out splitting into two with an adapter TRS cord to my little mixer for my monitors also putting out mono to my power monitor. The only reason that I pan inside the module is so that I can group The drums that have more low end character in one channel like the toms and bass drum and then the snare and cymbals that have higher end character into another channel so that I can balance them in my monitor so that I can do the same. I suspected I was only getting mono out of the left and right out so I started to do a little testing using only in my small mixer. With the headphone out I was able to raise just the Toms and bass with one slide and the snare and cymbals with the other slide. Just a way to have a little extra simplified control.
                      it all started with my sound man wanting more control. It was his suggestion and I did it to make him happy but I found he was right. Really helps. Now he doesnít ask me to change onboard module equing (which screwed up what I liked in my monitor). But for whatever reason, the onboard module mixer pan is only reflected in the headphone out and not in the left right quarter inch outs.
                      Last edited by drumharm; 02-10-19, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X