Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Using Zildjian L80 with GEN16 pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Zildjian L80 with GEN16 pickups

I'm not a huge Zildjian GEN16 fan, I much prefer the sound of the Zildjian L80 over the GEN16 buffed bronze (older nickel ones were terrible). The GEN16s are ridiculously expensive

I'm wondering if there are any electronic drum users out there who use Zildjian L80 cymbals with Zildjian GEN16 pickups and a Zildjian DCP module? If so, the question I have (and believe me -- I've looked everywhere) is how to use a GEN16 pickup with an L80 hi-hat?

GEN16 bottom hi-hats have a hole in them for the pickup wire but L80 hi-hats do not have a hole. It would only make sense that you would want to connect the pickup sensor to the top hi-hat so how do you set them up?

I'm thinking of buying a box set of L80s complete with china type and an additional crash. I already have a GEN16 DCP module and six GEN16 pickups (from back when I had the original nickel GEN16s which sounded awful) so it's just the L80 hi-hat issue that confuses me.

Do L80's actually even work with the GEN16 system

Thanks in advance for any help...

I think you'll find this video helpful. For the hats, drum-tec just use the pickup in the bottom cymbal, but I think another solution involves drilling a hole in your L80 bottom cymbal and trimming it out with a rubber grommet.

Comment

Working...
    X