Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Mimic Pro and Cable Woes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mimic Pro and Cable Woes

Anyone find their Mimic to be very sensitive to cables? When using a set of clear cables from Drumtec, I find that some of them need to be backed out slightly to trigger (at the module end). They work perfectly on the AUX inputs of my aD5 so I'm at a loss. I've got some old Roland cables around and they seem fine. Anyone had similar problems or is it just me?
    Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

The input on mimic are heavy duty, the cable that require o ring are not standard cable, perhaps newer drumtech are not using standard cable, there was a thread with cable that require 0 ring @JmanWord
    Last edited by Chris K; 01-02-19, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks - I'll try some small o-rings.

Comment

i had the same issue with my older roland cables that are in great shape. some of the brands of cables are a tad bit longer then the high quality ones hence is why it you pull it out a hair it works.
        the o-ring idea works great! the size needed is 3/16 ID 5/16 OD

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FDA-SILICON...S!-1:rk:1:pf:0
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

I have the Drum-Tec cables with the Mimic and have not noticed this problem. Hope the O-rings work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by RIneuron View Post
            I have the Drum-Tec cables with the Mimic and have not noticed this problem. Hope the O-rings work for you.
            It appears to be only the longer cables (I have the multi cable set). Maybe I got some duds.

Comment

I had the same exact issue (also using the clear drum-tec TRS snake) - it did not happen initially but after months of use it developed on one input so far. Specifically, it was occurring on one of my HH inputs. I could pull the one cable out slightly and it would register properly. I then swapped the HH with the HH Ctrl inputs (same cable snake, just used different numbered cables) and that addressed the issue for now. If it continues, I will try the O-ring. Seems like the consensus is the Drum-Tec cable itself causing issue.
              Last edited by DrumBeau; 01-03-19, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Good to know it isn't just me. Unfortunate though as I like the price and look of the cables.

Comment

Working...
                X