Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

PDX100 as a snare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDX100 as a snare

So I replaced the original smaller pdx pads on my TD25 with PDX100s fairly quickly after I got the kit and in general I've been happy. As a snare, the PDX100 triggers decently when I play quietly but I can be a heavy hitter at times and I've noticed it doesn't trigger as well in those cases.

I'm considering the PD128S as an upgrade but given it's price I'm curious if people have real experience with both pads as snares in terms of the 128 triggering a lot better.

I'm also open to a used older snare pad.

I always found the pdx100 to trigger flawlessly. Maybe the pad has an issue.If you keep the head loose and hit hard, you may have damaged the cone. Did you check it?
    Expanded TD-30. Wanting more...

Comment

Originally posted by senseiadam View Post
      I always found the pdx100 to trigger flawlessly. Maybe the pad has an issue.If you keep the head loose and hit hard, you may have damaged the cone. Did you check it?
      No damage, heads are tight, plus i don't always use the same pad as the snare.

Comment

pd-125 is the same as pd-128 (the difference is marginal) but they are cheaper used .. i'd say they have better rimshot 'ability' than pdx100
        (also due to size) so, you could save on the pd128 price.. by going for a used 125.. (but i like bigger snares than 10" )
        as John says below.. the pd-125 is slightly older but the difference is very small, especially if you don't play soft .. i'd still prefer bigger snare
        Last edited by Ericdrumz; 12-29-18, 11:28 AM.
        | Diy Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

The PDX100 has the same trigger components as the PD128. The PD125 has older trigger technology and components.

The diameter might affect overall performance.
          ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

In doing more research, I'm looking at maybe getting the ATV snare. With it's 3 triggers, hot spots are vastly reduced, especially in the center.

Anyone have any experience with the ATV snare with a Roland module?

Comment

I am a heavy hitter and have used a PD125 for about 10 years with no problems. It might need a new cone now maybe.

Comment

Happens no matter which pad I use as snare.
                snare.

Are there other compatible 3rd party brands that yse side triggers that migtm fit my needs better?

Comment

As topics turn technical, I move them. Just FYI.
                  Alan
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X