Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

The Technical forum is for soft/hardware technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

TD-50 and midi recording on DAW - problem low freq noise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-50 and midi recording on DAW - problem low freq noise

Hello my friends.
    Maybe any of you experienced the same issue that i have? i have my TD50 connected to my PC (Win7 64) via USB. i would like to record direct audio (from the 8 analog outs) and midi as well to eventually replace some sounds (with Superior drummer). The thing is that when i connect the TD50 to the PC, a hum noise starts and i have not found a solution yet. I tried a lot of different cables, i tried to buy a usb isolator. On the best ..environment i hear always noise on my headphones.
    Thanks if any of you can help me to find the way to solve this issue
    cheers!

Are the two on the same power outlet? The hum gets recorded also? And obviously, have you installed the latest drivers?
    •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
    •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
    •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

HI Thanks for answering. No they are not on the same power outlet.The drivers for TD50, if i am not wrong, are only avaiable in one version, the 1.0.0. And the hum is recorded also.
      I tried both the USB configuration, vendor and generic. Probably it's because my PC is far from the TD50, so i have to use a longer USB cable. Pity, cause i am not interested on the audio interface from TD50. i would need just MIDI. I bought a PCI-e usb 2.0 interface, waiting for it..i'll try to connect the TD50 to this new card...let's see. Thanks in the meantime for support

Comment

I was not able to solve the issue except to unplug the usb from the computer. I also had the hum when connected to my Behringer mixer usb but not with my Yamaha mixer.
        I was using the TD-30 when this happened.
        Good luck.
        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I would try avoiding long usb cables unless they have coil filters. Good practice is also using the same power outlet (or an extension cord) for both devices. You're probably experiencing ground loop problems. You can also try pluging the module into a laptop running on batteries, at least for diagnostics.
          •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
          •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
          •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

While I would not suggest leaving it this way, I would try a "ground lift" plug on one or both the module and the pc (and various combos) . If it is a ground loop it will likely go away when you do this.

Also, try different USB ports and also try to have only the USB and no audio cables from the module to pc if you have those connected. Again, maybe that is just to troubleshoot the issue.

I used to have a low hum from my td20 when connecting multiple audio outs to my pc, which got worse the more outs I added, to a point of being a problem. I now have a db25 out from the mimic and don't have the same issue. Not sure if they resolved that particular issue on the td50 or not. Pretty sure than Alan at vex has his 50 connected with multiple outs and I would imagine he is not having this problem.

Hope that helps.
            My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Working...
            X