Minimum requirements for a laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum requirements for a laptop

New to edrums, i intend to buy a laptop when I purchase a TD17, what would be the minimum requirements for a laptop to help with my kit

also which programs are best to use?

You canít go wrong with a MacBook Pro. I am currently using a 2012 MBP with i7 and 8GB and upgraded it with a 500GB SSD. It runs SD3, SSD5 and Logic wth no issues. If you are planning on using a VST make sure your laptop has a sizable, min 500GB, SSD. Also, 16GB memory would be nice as well.
    ATV aDrums, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

What do you mean by "help with my kit"? Sky's the limit. I do agree with Chance though, older MBP's are great and can be found relatively cheap.
      Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums

Comment

Thanks for your input but I am a complete novice with computers. i do have a computer but it is rather large and about 20 years old. Hasnít been switched on for many years. I want to be able to download drumless music and play along. Maybe record myself at some point also. Your abbreviations are way over my head sorry. Thanks in advance

Comment

Just so everybody is clear Honeybee, are you intending to buy a laptop so you can plug the TD17 into it, and use a virtual software instrument, like Toontrack EZDrummer 2 to replace the sounds of the TD17 in real time?
          ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
          Community Drum Module Document
          PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

My advice to you is get the TD-17 first and learn everything about it. Then once you have got it down then think about getting a computer and recording yourself. If you want to play along to music you donít need a computer, you can just plug a smartphone or iPod directly into the TD-17.
            ATV aDrums, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

I dont have a smartphone or ipod, nothing!

dont want to replace any sounds

just want to play drumless music and maybe record me playing along to help see where i go wrong

And before someone points it out, i am using a friends phone to reply

Comment

No problem Honeybee.

In your case, you should buy yourself a SD card and a USB SD Card reader, so you can store drumless music tracks that you download. You could borrow a PC just to do this task really. The TD17 has the ability to play MP3s and record your playing on the module on the SD card.

Alternatively, any cheap audio player can be connected to the TD17 MIX IN 3.5mm input jack. Which you can play along (or record).

If you got yourself a smartphone though, you could use Bluetooth connectivity only with the TD17, cutting edge tech! ...for Roland at least.

♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
                Community Drum Module Document
                PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                  No problem Honeybee.

In your case, you should buy yourself a SD card and a USB SD Card reader, so you can store drumless music tracks that you download. You could borrow a PC just to do this task really. The TD17 has the ability to play MP3s and record your playing on the module on the SD card.

Alternatively, any cheap audio player can be connected to the TD17 MIX IN 3.5mm input jack. Which you can play along (or record).

If you got yourself a smartphone though, you could use Bluetooth connectivity only with the TD17, cutting edge tech! ...for Roland at least.

Thats really helpful thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X