Using Mimic Pro Recording Function

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Mimic Pro Recording Function

Hello. I am sure that I am missing something very obvious here, so apologies in advance. I am using a USB Stick with drumless tracks to play through the Mimic Pro. When I try and record what I am playing, the drums are recorded, but not the song itself. Can someone point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance.
    Jim

Originally posted by Jimdindc View Post
    Hello. I am sure that I am missing something very obvious here, so apologies in advance. I am using a USB Stick with drumless tracks to play through the Mimic Pro. When I try and record what I am playing, the drums are recorded, but not the song itself. Can someone point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance.
    Jim
    You can't record the drums and song using the internal player currently. The easiest way to do this is to use an Mp3 player connected to the Aux In. You can record the drums and the Aux In together that way.
    Last edited by JmanWord; 10-10-18, 12:08 PM.
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Thank you JMAN! Do you know off-hand if I can use my iPad as the MP3 recorder?

Comment

Your best option is to run the iPad (playing your songs, or drumless from YouTube, etc.) into the Aux In, mix on the home page in the Mimic, record it in the internal recorder, and save it to your USB. This is how I do it. You can listen to Mimic samples on our website below to hear the quality you'll get.
        Alan
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
          Your best option is to run the iPad (playing your songs, or drumless from YouTube, etc.) into the Aux In, mix on the home page in the Mimic, record it in the internal recorder, and save it to your USB. This is how I do it. You can listen to Mimic samples on our website below to hear the quality you'll get.
          Yup, me too. The sound quality of the internal recorder is great IMO.
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Great, I will give that a try. Thank you Alan and JMAN for your responses. Very much appreciated.
            best,
            Jim
            Last edited by Jimdindc; 10-10-18, 02:32 PM.

Comment

i have song player on mimic routed to 3 and 4 outputs and use a y cable from 3 and 4 outputs to aux input. works like a charm
              Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
                i have song player on mimic routed to 3 and 4 outputs and use a y cable from 3 and 4 outputs to aux input. works like a charm
                If you have a link to the Y-cable you use for this purpose, much appreciated!
                Live Rig: Mimic Pro | PD-125X pads | ATV + Roland cym | DIY 13" Snare + 14" Kick | MDS-9V rack | Turbosound iQ12 + iQ15B
                Studio Rig: TD-12 w/ SD 3.0 | Pearl ePro DIY full kit | ATV + Yamaha cym | VH-11 | MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

Give this guy a gold medal! LOL Great solution!

Comment

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...SABEgL1sPD_BwE
                    Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Yeah, Sergey mentioned how to do this to me months ago, but since I have a couple nice Mp3 players laying around I chose that route. But I also believe they will make it possible to record the Mimic drums along with the songs of the Mimic Player via the internal recorder in the future. I believe they are going to completely redo the internal Player and Recorder in a future update. J
                      Last edited by JmanWord; 10-12-18, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

Yeah, Sergey mentioned how to do this to me months ago, but since I have a couple nice Mp3 players laying around I chose that route. But I also believe they will make it possible to record the Mimic drums along with the songs of the Mimic Player via the internal recorder in the future. I believe they are going to completely redo the internal Player and Recorder in a future update. J
                        that's how i recorded monster. its already set up. it will already record drums and song player at the same time

Comment

that's how i recorded monster. its already set up. it will already record drums and song player at the same time
                          I'm talking about without having to use a cable into the Aux In ..... they will make it so you can record both drums and the Player in the Recorder via a future update, plus other features ... at least that is the rumor I heard months ago..... take it as that though, a rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

I'm talking about without having to use a cable into the Aux In ..... they will make it so you can record both drums and the Player in the Recorder via a future update, plus other features ... at least that is the rumor I heard months ago..... take it as that though, a rumor.
                            oh ok sorry, i didn't know what you meant, but that would be great!

Comment

Working...
                            X