TD30 midi in.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD30 midi in.

I found something useful today which some may or may not know about. I have sold my Yamaha n12 desk which also had midi in and out so it was my audio interface and midi interface. I used the usb on the TD30 and my keyboard through the n12. So I bought the new Zoom livetrak L-20 which is great for live recording and as an audio interface but has no midi. I was about to buy a midi interface but tried plugging my keyboard into the TD30 midi in as well as the usb connection the my computer. It worked. I can use the keyboard or TD30 now to play VST instruments so no need for a separate midi interface. If you want to do things like play both together then I guess that would be possible by making sure they transmit on a different midi channel. If I need anything more complicated then Iíll have to get a midi interface but I canít invisage it at present and I donít use the midi out as I donít use the sounds on my keyboard or TD30
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.
Working...
X