SPD-SX: Wavs not triggering in sync

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPD-SX: Wavs not triggering in sync

Hi all, hoping i'm in the correct forum!

Wondering if anyone can help me as its driving me crazy! lol. I have 2 wavs, one is a front of house mix and the other a click track. The only difference to the wavs is the click. When I load them into audacity and play them both, they are perfectly in sync. But after I've loaded them into the SPD-SX and assigned them to trigger at the same, it sounds like one file is ever so slightly out of sync with the other. Even when i either upload the same file twice (one with named differently) or use the one file assigned to Footswitch 1 and Footswitch 2, it still happens! I've tried everything, even factory reset my SPD with no success. Has anyone had a similar issue? It's like the SPD is unable to play them at exactly the same time and therefore starts the second wav a millisecond after the first. My brother has tested the files too and they are fine on his laptop, but the SPD plays them out of sync. Has anyone else come across a similar problem? Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Lakes74 View Post
    Hi all, hoping i'm in the correct forum!
    Wondering if anyone can help me as its driving me crazy! lol. I have 2 wavs, one is a front of house mix and the other a click track. The only difference to the wavs is the click. When I load them into audacity and play them both, they are perfectly in sync. But after I've loaded them into the SPD-SX and assigned them to trigger at the same, it sounds like one file is ever so slightly out of sync with the other. Even when i either upload the same file twice (one with named differently) or use the one file assigned to Footswitch 1 and Footswitch 2, it still happens! I've tried everything, even factory reset my SPD with no success. Has anyone had a similar issue? It's like the SPD is unable to play them at exactly the same time and therefore starts the second wav a millisecond after the first. My brother has tested the files too and they are fine on his laptop, but the SPD plays them out of sync. Has anyone else come across a similar problem? Thanks in advance!
    After inspecting if the time shift between wavs is constant by playing them through more than few seconds, you have following options; If it is, than one of the wavs is likely to have a different starting point - import in any audio editing software and zoom in to check the starting/ending points with precision. If the playing sync on spd gets worse over time (also, even if it doesn't), you should set the playback tempo for each wav in 'tempo match' for each pad they're assigned to. That tells spd in which tempo it should play the samples at, which by default is 120bpm. I've used this backing track+click track setup many times and it worked for me flawlessly.
    Last edited by MilosDrummer; 09-13-18, 08:25 PM.
    •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
    •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
    •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Are they the same length, did you accidentily switch the sync on?

Comment

Originally posted by asperine View Post
        Are they the same length, ?
        Yes, they are, topic starter wrote:"
        Even when i either upload the same file twice (one with named differently) or use the one file assigned to Footswitch 1 and Footswitch 2, it still happens!".

I will do the same test and let you know.
        Last edited by Animalglx; 09-14-18, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Hi there, as promised I did a test. I've copied a self made click-track, changed the name and uploaded it to the SPD-SX.
          Made a new kit and assigned the original click-track to pad 4 and the copy to pad 5, both loop mode, then I've linked these two pads.
          One conclusion ---> you can't start two loop's at the exact same time, you hear a sort of 'flam-sound'!!!!
          When the pads are not linked and you tap them exactly at the same time, you get the same 'flam-sound'.
          BUT!!! The two click-track samples/loops are playing in sync perfectly (the flam-sound doesn't change within a period of time).

Conclusion: You can't start two loops at exact the same time, but the loops are staying in sync.

Comment

Working...
          X