Roland TD-50 - excessive stick noise on floor tom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-50 - excessive stick noise on floor tom

Using the same heads and triggers on each of the toms, but on the floor tom it's picking up some stick noise in addition to the initial hit. Should I look at the trigger settings or is this maybe just a head tuning issue? I'm using Pintech heads with Tama star classic performer B/B shells.

Sounds like a problem I had with my TD12 and my floor tom (other than the 22 kick drum). Is it a DIY triggered 16" floor tom?
    I solved by tightening the head to make it less bouncy, so I added also a ring of adhesive pyramidal sound-absorbing polyurethane foam close to the mesh head.
    What kind of cone cushion are you using? Is it new?
    Last edited by redtide; 08-09-18, 07:20 AM.
    Roland TD-12 module, DIY DareStone CLDRUMWH A2E drum conversion, DIY rack using Dixon clamps, Pearl P-932 double pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by redtide View Post
      Sounds like a problem I had with my TD12 and my floor tom (other than the 22 kick drum). Is it a DIY triggered 16" floor tom?
      I solved by tightening the head to make it less bouncy, so I added also a ring of adhesive pyramidal sound-absorbing polyurethane foam close to the mesh head.
      What kind of cone cushion are you using? Is it new?
      It's a Roland RT-30H trigger clipped to the rim of a 16" floor tom.

Comment

Originally posted by kingrazor View Post
        on the floor tom it's picking up some stick noise in addition to the initial hit.
        Could you be more specific about this and describe? Are you getting a rim sound layered with the tom sound? RT-30H is a single zone trigger, and should not be able to make any rim sound. Maybe you have a crosstalk issue?
        •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
        •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
        •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Working...
        X