recording/sampling a phrase/loop from SPD-30 to PC/laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording/sampling a phrase/loop from SPD-30 to PC/laptop

Please give me some direction on how going about doing this. I have Roland SPD-30 and a laptop. I want to create a phrase/loop from SPD-30 and recording/sampling onto PC/laptop and save as wave files to be used in Roland TM-2. Can I hook up SPD-30 onto PC/laptop using USB cable, what easy software to use to capture a clean loop/phrase? thanks.

some years back i would not have advised this .. but now this software has improved to a point where you can
    zoom in to cut good loop points and such .. so, you could try record with this free editor.. https://www.audacityteam.org/about/features/recording/

Comment

it's been a while since I used it for recording, but Im 99% sure you can't record audio thru usb on the spd30, USB is only for transmitting MIDI if I remember correctly. So you'll need an interface. I used an M Audio guitar track. Then it was just easier for me to sample the octapad(or anything) directly onto my SX. That was and still is my main way of doing it.

Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
      Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

thanks roving drummer, i sold my spd-sx it sat in my closet for almost 3 years so i decided to get rid of it.

Comment

Working...
        X