No sound from my Pearl Mimic Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound from my Pearl Mimic Pro

I have had my Mimic Pro since March and have had no issues until just now. I powered up my Mimic Pro to do some studio recording as have done numerous times. the DB26-XLR Snake adapter was plugged in correctly and all signals are routed correctly but the signal I was receiving on all channels was a static click every time I hit the drums. The click was causing the clipping light to go on on the recorder but no drum sounds. This was with my headphones plugged into the recorder. The music play back track on the recorder sounded fine.
    So the next step was to plug my head phones back into the head phone jack on the Mimic. I know the headphone jack has a seperate routing from the DB26. This had no sound at all. The sound level bar on the mimic was responding properly with every hit of the drum kit just no sound in the head phones or to the recorder. Next I turned off the mimic and waited 5 minutes then restarted it. Still the same issue. I did a complete factory reset and that didn't fix the issue and I have many head phones in the studio and all work fine on other devices so the headphoes are not the issue either. I am completely baffled. Any of you Mimic experts have an Idea. HELP...

Hello,

MIDI connected? Had a problem that sounds the same a couple of weeks ago when a fried of mine interchanged MIDI in and MIDI out cables while connecting my MIMIC into the studio environment.

Good luck

Comment

No midi connected but I did finally get sound back after I did the third factory reset and this time instead of powering the unit down with the power switch, I pulled the power cable out of the back of the unit. I have no idea what happened but it sure screwed up my recording session.

Comment

Fwiw I used to have this kind of problem with my td20 and midi. When a value command (cc7) was sent, it should turn down the volume of each hit after that until I deliberately sent a volume of 127.

That said, I would think a reset would have fixed that. But it seems odd that you would show the activity and would have no sound from anywhere.

There was another recentt post about phantom power Messing with the db25 but I would think that the phones would be completely separate.
        My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Originally posted by KW jure View Post
          No midi connected but I did finally get sound back after I did the third factory reset and this time instead of powering the unit down with the power switch, I pulled the power cable out of the back of the unit. I have no idea what happened but it sure screwed up my recording session.
          Did you used phantom power by mistack? This can make issue with mimic and noise, never use phantom power with mimic, it can make damage. Also bad power source can cause this, or static charge from x source. Solution is, turn off mimic, unplug from mimic and wall and check if the power is stable and not overcharged.

Also it is recommend to have a backup powercord for mimic in case it does not power on or have partial contact from original universal plugs.

https://www.amazon.com/Printer-Diffe...er+Power+Cable
          Last edited by Chris K; Yesterday, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blades View Post

There was another recentt post about phantom power Messing with the db25 but I would think that the phones would be completely separate.
            Maybe not, panthom power send 48volt to mimic this can make damage anywhere I think.
            Last edited by Chris K; 07-15-18, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X