Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATV aD-5: Where are changes and settings stored?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV aD-5: Where are changes and settings stored?

I have an ATV aD-5 ordered and should be receiving it tomorrow or the next day (if tracking is to be believed). I have a technical question. When you set up your triggers, sensitivity and all the rest - is that information stored ON the unit - as in internally? Or is it stored on the SD Card. Same question with any custom kits you create.

I'm guessing that the info for the custom kits are stored on the SD Card ... but your trigger set up and such is my bigger question.

Last question ... and I've been searching the inter-webs and keep finding posts and videos using roland or yamaha pads... has anyone set up the aD-5 with Alesis strike pro pads? Those are the pads I have at this time. The videos that I've found (again all using Roland pads) show a screen to select a manufacturer and then a pad type. Since the ATV website does not list Alesis pads as "compatible", I'm fairly certain that I won't find Alesis in the manufacturer list ... so is there a "generic" listing? or should I select a different manufacturer? If so, which one? I know I've seen a few (1 or 2) posts saying that the Alesis pads work with the aD-5, so I'm not too worried about basic functioning, and I'm not scared of spending time tweaking and tuning the trigger sensitivities, etc. - Just need to get past that "select the manufacturer/model" page.

When the Alesis pads cease to function (or even as I get more cash), I plan to either buy roland pads, or get some drum-tec triggers and 'make' some pads. But that's in the future a bit (unless forced to sooner by the pads failing).

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!
    Alan

Originally posted by alancole View Post
    I have an ATV aD-5 ordered and should be receiving it tomorrow or the next day (if tracking is to be believed). I have a technical question. When you set up your triggers, sensitivity and all the rest - is that information stored ON the unit - as in internally? Or is it stored on the SD Card. Same question with any custom kits you create.

I'm guessing that the info for the custom kits are stored on the SD Card ... but your trigger set up and such is my bigger question.

Thanks in advance!
    Alan
    Both - they're stored in the module and you can store multiple "backups" on the SD card.
    Last edited by jpsquared482; 05-17-18, 08:19 AM.
    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Thank you jpsquared482

Comment

Working...
      X