Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

rapid singles, uneven dynamic or missed hits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rapid singles, uneven dynamic or missed hits

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I had no luck while searching.

On one of my toms I get uneven dynamics/missed hits (it mostly appears to be uneven dynamics)when playing sustained rapid singles. It is not a problem on any other pad, just tom2. I have worked with all the trigger parameters with no improvement, but I will continue to try.

Are there any other settings beyond the trigger parameters that might help this situation?

I have also experimented with head tension with no change....

This is a great site and I thank you guys for any advice you might have.

Thanks, John

------------------
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal labotomy

Since you don't have the problem with other pads: tom2 might be a monday morning misfit. Bring it back for service.
    Robert

Comment

This sounds like a problem I had too with two of my pads on 2 different occasions. I am not using V drums so I am using the PD7's but problem should be similar.

On my first pad problem, I simply opened up the pad, and by checking, didn't show any loose connections, or bad cables, etc. So I just used a solder gun, reheated the solders in the small circuit board that the cables connect to in the PD7, melted the solders and let it harden again. Problem was fixed. Thus, conclusion, solder cracking problem.

Pad number two. I opened up and one of the wires to the piezzo was loose, so I just resoldered it back. Hope this gives some ideas.

Fon

Fon.

TD8 with PD7's, 2 KD7's (From previous TD7)
      Tama Rockstar with mix of Sabian, Zildjian and Paiste.

Comment

well, I spoke to Tony at Pintech and he suggested lowering the THreshold setting .
        I had it set at 3 and he said to try 1.
        It helped alot.

I still have this periodic problem of an odd flam-type sound occurring. Its pretty annoying. It happens at extremly low velocity hits (not really a problem as I never play that extremly light) and less so at normal playing volume. I have Retrig set at 2 and raising this setting does not help.
        I'm wondering if it may just be a problem with the single ply Pintech heads (super mushy and bouncy)

Any Ideas?

John

------------------

Comment

check your sensitivety, sounds like it may be to high. You want the meter to just barely peak with your hardest hit.

Kurt
          Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Is this on all pads or just one?

Comment

Ok, well, I think I've finally got my drums to perform the way I want.

The strange flam type sound was eliminated by raising the Mask Time to about 4 or 8 from 0. Strange thing was that some pads function perfectly without even using the Mask Time, while others need it...hmmmm.

Anyway, at the moment I'm happy.

The basic settings I'm using now for my Pintech mesh pads with a TD8 are:
              Sensitivity: 8 Threshold: 1
              Scan Time: ~2.5 Retrigger: 2 0r 3
              Mask Time: 4 or 8

The Cymbal and BD pads tend to have a higher Sesitivity but a lower Threshold and Mask Time.

I hope this can help some Newbie like me in the future.

Thanks again, for the advice.

John

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X