Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

ATV aD H-14 HiHat setup w mimic pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how I missed that paragraph, but I did!

I guess the Mimic Pro really is the greatest trigger module in the world if it can support all the triggers from every manufacturer as good as the manufacturers native module.

I guess I got buried in this quote here:

Originally posted by MJB View Post
    I will say the ATV cymbals played wonderfully on the aD5 - I think the ATV module actually has the Mimic beat in that regard. They just sounded and felt so natural together..
    That's very bad for ATV if they give you a trigger settings with incorrect gain for your controller. How else were you supposed to know that?

◾Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾MegaDRUM ◾Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾Pearl THMP-1
    PA Comparison Table

Comment

I find the Pearl Mimic Pro the best sound module I have ever owned or tested AFA Trigger Parameter choices while setting up any pad or cymbal I have tried .... much more adjust-ability. I have always thought Roland was outstanding in that area. But the Mimic is even better. Pearl (via Sergey) even provided a special PPS Ride preset (almost all brands of "Real" metal 3 zone rides are PPS type, mine included) .... I helped do a little beta testing on that. And that type of service is also something beyond what I have experienced with any other Edrum company. The Mimic is definitely the Most universally compatible module out there.

I have recently been doing some testing with the Alesis Strike Performance module .... and I can say for sure the difference in setting up other brand triggers is the opposite experience. You basically need to design the trigger to work with that module for the most part .... Granted, that module is not even offered presently a la carte, and is designed around the Strike kit .... but the lack of some of the basic and advanced trigger parameters makes things difficult if not impossible for setting up some "other brand" pads/triggers.
      Last edited by JmanWord; 12-21-19, 04:37 PM.
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post

can support all the triggers from every manufacturer as good as the manufacturers native module.
        Hihat would be always challenging with many variable, https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...em-and-the-fix here vh11 with Roland td30 module that should not happens, but it happens because hi-hat are 4 separates mechanism.

The main issue with hihat are all type of different stand and clutch setting for most module, after in most case are users end error on calibration. The rest is sound engine related .
        Last edited by Chris K; 12-22-19, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
          You guys still talking about this combo? Just buy a VH-13 already, and thank me later.
          Hey Alan,

What advantage does the VH-13 have over the VH-10/11 with the Mimic? I am 98% certain I am going the Pearl route with your VEX kits and just ditching external VSTs all together. The fact Superior Drummer has no upgrade path from 2.0 to 3.0 pretty much sealed the deal that I am done with them. Hi hat has always been problematic but I have been gone from the scene for over 5 years now and things seem to be much better now. Thanks for any info you can share. On a side note, after all these years I have never seen your drumming until watching your VEX Pearl vids. Wow man, you have amazing skills and make it look so easy and effortless - well done.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Above, I was just speaking from customer experience. I have a lot of VEX customers that hated the 10/11, and asked me about the 13. All I can say is it works well. (albeit, with a lot of initial setup) The ones that have switched agreed wholeheartedly. That’s all I can add really.
            Alan
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
              Thanks for the kind words. Above, I was just speaking from customer experience. I have a lot of VEX customers that hated the 10/11, and asked me about the 13. All I can say is it works well. (albeit, with a lot of initial setup) The ones that have switched agreed wholeheartedly. That’s all I can add really.
              Thanks, the VH13 it is then. What is the difference between the v1 and the v2 besides the color. Should the v1 be avoided for some reason?

Comment

I use the first version. As far as I know, color is the only difference. I prefer the MG myself. Doesn’t show wear.
                Alan
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by csnow View Post

Hi hat has always been problematic but I have been gone from the scene for over 5 years now and things seem to be much better now.

Problems are on VST side not module, vst are pain to configure and working right on module.

Untitled.png
                  Last edited by Chris K; 01-31-20, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X