Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Roland Td 12 some buttons issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Td 12 some buttons issue

Hi All,

I bought a Td 12 last year and its been working fine except I noticed last week some of the buttons no longer work. The affected 3 buttons are in the same section of the module Ambience, Inst and I can't remember the third one. Basically it means I can't edit instruments.

I was able to do this until last week. Could I have locked these buttons or something similar? Is there a work around for this?

Thabks,

Originally posted by JQ85 View Post
    Hi All,

I bought a Td 12 last year and its been working fine except I noticed last week some of the buttons no longer work. The affected 3 buttons are in the same section of the module Ambience, Inst and I can't remember the third one. Basically it means I can't edit instruments.

I was able to do this until last week. Could I have locked these buttons or something similar? Is there a work around for this?

Thabks,
    I doubt that it's a sofware issue, more likely you'll have to change the microswitches. I had to change all of my sliders and master phones aux pots... Mechanics wear down under prolonged use.
    •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
    •SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
    •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Do you have a guide to show how this can be done? Is it complicated. Is it a matter of unscrewing a few screws and using a soldering iron?

Comment

Do you have a guide to show how this can be done? Is it complicated. Is it a matter of unscrewing a few screws and using a soldering iron?
        I've had a repair guy do the servicing, mostly because I couldn't identify and obtain the parts and because he could repair the thing more professionally. If you're not proficient in servicing electronics, better get someone who is to do it, otherwise it is a matter of opening the module, getting to the main board (not an easy task), resoldering the components (again, not easy especially if they're SMD), and putting everything back together. Since the cost was pretty low, I wanted to make sure it's done properly being it's my work module, not just for fun and practise.
        •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
        •SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
        •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

OK thanks a lot for the info. Rather than send it away to Roland to get fixed etc I suppose a repair professional would be best. What type of repair man would be best, TV or small device like mobile phone repair?

Comment

OK thanks a lot for the info. Rather than send it away to Roland to get fixed etc I suppose a repair professional would be best. What type of repair man would be best, TV or small device like mobile phone repair?
            IDK there, here there are some electronic repair services that works for both musical instrument stores and main electronic instrument brands like Roland and Yamaha (not only edrums), you could ask also to some instrument store or check in google about electronic instrument repair services near you (I've found them directly on Roland italian page). I think also any qualified electronic engineer (or a good self-taught) could do that work as well.
            Roland TD-12 module, MegaDrum Trigger module, DIY DareStone CLDRUMWH A2E drum conversion, DIY rack using Dixon clamps, Pearl P-932 double pedal, DIY A2E Chang dual zone cymbals.

Comment

Working...
            X