Pearl Mimic Pro suddenly shutdown by itself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Mimic Pro suddenly shutdown by itself

My Pearl Mimic Pro suddenly shutdown by itself after i play for 1/2 hour.
    i then turn it of and on again, and everything went back to normal.

This its the first time i have experience this.
    The module is about 1 week old.

Is there any reason to be concern about this,
    or have other experience this?

The same happened to me but with random timing with a wireless headphone, 3 days later I went to the store to return it for a replacement...
    Roland TD-12 module, DIY DareStone CLDRUMWH A2E drum conversion, DIY rack using Dixon clamps, Pearl P-932 double pedal.

Comment

arghhh... that doesn't sound good.
      waiting for it for several month, and the store don't have any in stock now.

Comment

Originally posted by superfish View Post
        arghhh... that doesn't sound good.
        waiting for it for several month, and the store don't have any in stock now.
        I would check your power bar and cable connection first if anythings loose, change your power bar and retry.

The end adaptor from the cable might be the reason or power bar.
        Last edited by Chris K; 03-11-18, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Very good idea Chris, i haven't actually think about that.
          and since i am located in Europe i have to use the plugin adaptor for power.

Well i just have to wait and see if is going to happen again.
          The only good thing was that it happen practising with the band, and not live.

Comment

Originally posted by superfish View Post
            Very good idea Chris, i haven't actually think about that.
            and since i am located in Europe i have to use the plugin adaptor for power.

Well i just have to wait and see if is going to happen again.
            The only good thing was that it happen practising with the band, and not live.

I would buy this one,to be sure the end don't move, there was one reports, since he use it no issue, also be sure you plugs it on a good powerbar. The place where you practice might have something not consistent where you plugs it.

1.jpg
            Last edited by Chris K; 03-11-18, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I use the MIMIC since July 2017 in Europe with the original adapter for the plug without any problems, never had any power down or anything. I am also pretty sure that the plug was not plugged in firmly, so the electric connection was not given all the time.

Comment

I am in the US and use the multi plug with 3 prong adapter that came with it. The 2 prong was not as solid in my power strip.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

I would buy this one,to be sure the end don't move, there was one reports, since he use it no issue, also be sure you plugs it on a good powerbar. The place where you practice might have something not consistent where you plugs it.

1.jpg
                  this sounds like a good choice, im going to invest in one of those plug.

Comment

Sometime end adapter are not always reliable and depend on where you plugs it, these cable I show you are available as well for US connection etc.. Sometime the wall plugs or power bar slots are not that compatible with the adapter end etc..
                    Last edited by Chris K; 03-11-18, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

1.jpg
                      Yes, that was me. The adapter cable delivered with the module was not working at all (first I thought it was the power supply, but it was just the cable/adapter). No problems with the cable shown above.

Comment

Hi all

I also found that the adaptor didn't always connect so I just put a 3 pin plug on the lead ( I'm in UK ). Haven't had any problems since.

hope it turns out to be that simple.

Cheers

Stu
                        Mimic Pro, diy converted PDP maple 6 piece kit, home made Stave snares, ATV, Roland and Yamaha cymbals and 3 x BT1 bar triggers, DW9000 hat stand, DW5000 double pedal, gibraltar hardware. Mapex converted compact practice kit.

Comment

I just remembered, I had the td15 and still have it, it happens to me 2 time, td-15 open and closed after 5 second, it was the power-bars slots contact, (not cable) until I changed it completely, no more drop power, some power-bar slots contact, the inside contact are not always tight, some are more loose etc..So there is really 2 things to check. Slight vibration could make drop power with loose connection, especially when the drum is just near it.

Comment

Working...
                          X