SPD-SX glitches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPD-SX glitches?

I've had some rather awkward and annoying shut-downs lately with the spd either shutting down right after startup or repeteadly shutting down while playing just to 'get back to life' and hold to the end of the gig. Thought that the power jack or ps were failing but turns out they work fine. Seems like a software glitch since I've had some other weird things happening and going away so I've updated the firmware just to be sure, will post results. Anyone had similar issues?
    A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW

Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers

No, I have mine for 3 years now, works flawlessly.

Comment

Updated the firmware and the problem went away! I was very busy lately, sorry for late posting...
      A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW

Comment

Top!!

Comment

My guess is that the old version had a problem with auto power off. I remember I couldn't change the value or toggle it off at all, had to be 4hrs... The confusing part is that there were no issues for 3-4 years also, and than this glitch recently... Ah, all's well that ends well

Comment

There are known issues with the soldering of the jacks on the PCB. Both the power socket and headphone socket are prone to dying - probably as they are used a lot. There's currently three threads on one UK Drummer group kicked off in the last week alone. You have to pull the unit apart and get soldering.
            *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
            Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Loads o' synth modules. And...a uke or three.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
              There are known issues with the soldering of the jacks on the PCB. Both the power socket and headphone socket are prone to dying - probably as they are used a lot. There's currently three threads on one UK Drummer group kicked off in the last week alone. You have to pull the unit apart and get soldering.
              As I said, the firmware update solved the issue. Still, before I did that, I have tried to open the unit to make sure about the soldering... I was defeated by the design of the housing and could only lift one end of the back cover... The one opposite to the jacks. Has anyone managed to open it without breaking something?

Comment

I believe I've red somewhere that you have to remove the gain knob (audio-in).

Comment

Yeah, you have to remove the gain knob and kind of slide the bottom in one particular direction to properly uncouple it. I think it's sliding the bottom half towards the screen but without it in front of me I can't fully remember.

Comment

Hate to post here again, but... Recently I experienced few glitches again. As I said in a different thread, the control knobs were acting funny, not having the desired range of controling fx, and a few shut-downs occured. After a week or so, the knob issue went away and the shut-downs never happened again... So far, the thing is 'healing' on its own but I'm thinking about getting a whole new sampling pad, since I have no clue how to fix it anymore, and there's little chance any repair guy has either.

Comment

Working...
                    X